Thread: RE: School photos

Default RE: School photos

Hi guys, need to consult u big bro bros out there. How to quote for school photos?
    they wanted 5R & 8R with laminate plus full color folder.

My first time also duo know how much man....
    For those who willing to share kindly let me know yah, thanks!

5R- $?
    8R- $?

Default Re: School photos

Quote Originally Posted by Redwingz View Post
    Hi guys, need to consult u big bro bros out there. How to quote for school photos?
    they wanted 5R & 8R with laminate plus full color folder.

My first time also duo know how much man....
    For those who willing to share kindly let me know yah, thanks!

5R- $?
    8R- $?
    Hello Redwingz,

The right fee for the 5R is approx $10-$15 and $20-$28 because of labor, material costs, transport etc. But there will be folks charging 1/2 or 1/3 the price.

Z

Thanks a lot for the rough price. it gives me a better idea how to quote too. Thanks so much

Hello Redwingz,

No problem, hope you get the project.

Z

Thanks a lot for the rough price. it gives me a better idea how to quote too. Thanks so much

humm....the vendor from my school charge $2.50 for 5R and $5 for 8R if that helps.

Yup, i got that from some source too... budget very low. and not easy task too.

Yup, i got that from some source too... budget very low. and not easy task too.
    Hello Redwingz,

I am sorry to hear that. The budget has been extremely bad for school photography since 2000 onwards. Most of the clients don't really care about standards/quality and are going for the lowest prices.

Z

yup, true.

I got feedback from schools saying that they wanted free service plus comm. The school my friends teaching even uses students from their photography club CCA to shoot for the whole school. I guess the market is not as easy as 4 years back.

yup, true.

I got feedback from schools saying that they wanted free service plus comm. The school my friends teaching even uses students from their photography club CCA to shoot for the whole school. I guess the market is not as easy as 4 years back.
    CCA points in lieu of up front cash. why not?

The only way i see so far is to have bigger camera and larger diameter class then anyone in the photography club. try using that in your negotiations.

I have done for schools a few times and usually the mindset is bigger is better.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.