Thread: Four-Third System

Default Four-Third System

Read this new standard for DSLR on the web

www.four-thirds.org

Are nikon or canon DSLR working towards this standard (or are they already at this standard) or is it just Olympus, Kodak and Fuji teaming up together?
    with this standard (mentioned in the web), photographer can use a brand A lense with brand B body. (meaning the possibility of having a nikon on a canon)
    10-20,18-70,18-200,50,80-200,70-300

That means that Nikon and Canon have to change mounts...unlikely since they have so broad a customer's base currently.

Another line? Maybe.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Deregistered

Just curious, what do you think the usage will be like if there was conformity?

Nikon Bodies + Canon lenses?
    Canon Bodies + Nikkor lenses?

Heehee.

Probably a little OT but here goes.... It puzzles me why the industry wants to adopt the 4:3 format, a slightly "wider" 3:2 photo definitely looks better to me. I understand that there will be lots of technical benefits by switching over to 4:3. However, aesthetically the slightly "wider" 3:2 format feels that much more dynamic. Movies screened in cinemas are shot wide screened, why? The TV industry is also trying to switch from 4:3 to 16:9 (wide screen), why? So, aesthetically, is the digital photography industry moving backwards by going for the 4:3? What do u people think?

Quote Originally Posted by Noir
    Probably a little OT but here goes.... It puzzles me why the industry wants to adopt the 4:3 format, a slightly "wider" 3:2 photo definitely looks better to me. I understand that there will be lots of technical benefits by switching over to 4:3. However, aesthetically the slightly "wider" 3:2 format feels that much more dynamic. Movies screened in cinemas are shot wide screened, why? The TV industry is also trying to switch from 4:3 to 16:9 (wide screen), why? So, aesthetically, is the digital photography industry moving backwards by going for the 4:3? What do u people think?

very very true...
    i mean if you don't like 4/3, just use 3/2 lor... no harm... its just a new development direction, doesn't mean that you cannot use the old ones... just like some people are still using their 35mm p&S camera (i read up here that some pro of the pro uses that too?) happily and they take good pictures too..