Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Kill Bill

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Kill Bill

    This is a show that must be watched. Stylish, witty, and definately not for the faint hearted.

    If you are able to look past the violence/blood/gore, you will find that there are alot of subtext and plots, coupled with in-jokes and references to old school martial art movies that will have you revelling in the action and dialogue between the actors/actress.

    Do catch it. But of course, only if you are 21 and above since it's R(A).

    PS: The full Matrix Revolution movue trailer is also screening before the movie so thats an added bonus.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Earth,Heaven and Beyond
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    This is a show that must be watched. Stylish, witty, and definately not for the faint hearted.

    If you are able to look past the violence/blood/gore, you will find that there are alot of subtext and plots, coupled with in-jokes and references to old school martial art movies that will have you revelling in the action and dialogue between the actors/actress.

    Do catch it. But of course, only if you are 21 and above since it's R(A).

    PS: The full Matrix Revolution movue trailer is also screening before the movie so thats an added bonus.

    yea just caught it too! fantastic...ren ishii and gogo! Tarantino has finally redeemed himself after the atrocious jackie brown! uber retroish and stylised over the top kungfu chopsocky action!

    can't wait for volume 2 and the official dvd release w.o the b/w "censoring"!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    this show's really good and I really appreciate it coz it's simply tarantino, just tarantino.... got to be a film snobbish here liao....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    anybody noticed that in the church scene with the sheriffs/cops, the photog used a LIGHT METER on Uma Thurman before taking the shot !!!

  5. #5

    Default

    two thumps up!!!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    yea just caught it too! fantastic...ren ishii and gogo! Tarantino has finally redeemed himself after the atrocious jackie brown! uber retroish and stylised over the top kungfu chopsocky action!

    can't wait for volume 2 and the official dvd release w.o the b/w "censoring"!

    the think the Black and white was done on purpose.... even the leaked tape has it
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Earth,Heaven and Beyond
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG
    the think the Black and white was done on purpose.... even the leaked tape has it

    yea. one view is to convey the old samurai feel to it. secondly it was to prevent an nc-17 rating.

    the japanese release doesn't have it. which i hope the dvd will follow it.

  8. #8

    Default

    Watched it earlier.. I must say it really deserves the 5 outta 5 stars rating and the rave reviews given.. love the soundtrack too.. anyone knows if the OST album has been released here in SG?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Apparently the B/W filtering was done because the US film censors felt that audiences could not take the bloodied scenes... so much for other things that the US can stomach...

    Anyway, the Australian one also has the B/W filtering BUT I heard that the Japanese and some Asian releases did not... can anyone confirm that?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charvy
    Watched it earlier.. I must say it really deserves the 5 outta 5 stars rating and the rave reviews given.. love the soundtrack too.. anyone knows if the OST album has been released here in SG?
    Yeah.. i'm looking for the OST myself... bang bang...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  11. #11

    Default

    my wife just bought the soundtrack

    $20.90 @ mega supreme records @ ngee ann city, $24.95 at broaders

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    my wife just bought the soundtrack

    $20.90 @ mega supreme records @ ngee ann city, $24.95 at broaders
    Sweeet....
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  13. #13
    Deregistered tweakmax2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    198

    Default

    the killing part like too kua zhang.... too much blood squirt out..

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    my wife just bought the soundtrack

    $20.90 @ mega supreme records @ ngee ann city, $24.95 at broaders
    Went around looking for the OST and most CD shops said they don't have any stock...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Went around looking for the OST and most CD shops said they don't have any stock...

    ArghS!! Bad news.. was thinking of getting it.. I'd better drop by my neighbourhood shopping complex to look see..

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Third rock from the sun
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang

    PS: The full Matrix Revolution movue trailer is also screening before the movie so thats an added bonus.
    Ermm.....solly ah, extra a bit, seen the trailer long time ago, it's shown after the matrix reloaded.

  17. #17

    Default

    there's a new trailer.

  18. #18

    Default

    Good show. Tongue in cheek parody of HK gongfu and Japanese samurai films. The cartoon sequence of Oren as a yound kid is very refreshing.

    Loved the soundtack. But my girlfriend did not like the film.

    But I still like Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction better.

    A bit OT, anyone watched 15???

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by offspring
    But I still like Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction better.

    A bit OT, anyone watched 15???
    If i was asked to rank his films, it will be as follows......

    1) Reservoir Dogs (the best!!!)
    2) Pulp Fiction
    3) Kill Bill
    4) Jackie Brown


    And OT: why does it say "Kill Bill- a 4th film by QT"??? As far as i remember, he also directed Four Rooms..... so shouldn't it be a 5th film by him? Anyone care to enlighten me?
    Last edited by NitroTech; 27th October 2003 at 08:29 AM.

  20. #20

    Default

    anyone know where i can still find the soundtrack?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •