Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: nikon 18-105 or 18-135 ???

  1. #1

    Default nikon 18-105 or 18-135 ???

    hi... i m quite new in this photographic world... recently i m thinking to upgrade my nikon d60 from 18-55 to a better one... i noticed 18-135 is suitable for me... but this is not VR and i have no confident to take good pics without tripod... 18-105 will be prefect as VR is good for beginner... can anyone give me some comments about this 2 lenses because i never tried out before... thanks...

  2. #2

    Default Re: nikon 18-105 or 18-135 ???

    Quote Originally Posted by ponteng View Post
    hi... i m quite new in this photographic world... recently i m thinking to upgrade my nikon d60 from 18-55 to a better one... i noticed 18-135 is suitable for me... but this is not VR and i have no confident to take good pics without tripod... 18-105 will be prefect as VR is good for beginner... can anyone give me some comments about this 2 lenses because i never tried out before... thanks...
    i been using 18-135 for more then a year now...
    reacently try out my friend 18-105 for few days...

    VR is always good...

    but i still enjoy the extra 35mm...

    if my 18-135 have VR.. then i will love it even more...
    so.. u get what i mean...

    just thinking... if my 18-135 hav VR and is f2.8(all the way)...
    then my life will be better.. hope it cost below 400sgd also..

  3. #3
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,210

    Default Re: nikon 18-105 or 18-135 ???

    Why not get the Nikon 18-200mm VR instead? You get VR plus the extra focal length (compared to 18-135mm)..

  4. #4

    Default Re: nikon 18-105 or 18-135 ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Why not get the Nikon 18-200mm VR instead? You get VR plus the extra focal length (compared to 18-135mm)..
    agree

    Lens >135 VR is needed or take a look TAMRON 18-250mm
    Photographers' Road - How to earn money with your photos
    http://billinghamstudio.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: nikon 18-105 or 18-135 ???

    Quote Originally Posted by ponteng View Post
    hi... i m quite new in this photographic world... recently i m thinking to upgrade my nikon d60 from 18-55 to a better one... i noticed 18-135 is suitable for me... but this is not VR and i have no confident to take good pics without tripod... 18-105 will be prefect as VR is good for beginner... can anyone give me some comments about this 2 lenses because i never tried out before... thanks...
    Eh... my advise is keep shooting. Having those lenses won't MAKE you a better photographer instantly. Learn more and keep practising first.

    Get the composition right, learn how the metering affects the pictures and how it can help you get a mood shot right (or wrong).
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  6. #6

    Default Re: nikon 18-105 or 18-135 ???

    Quote Originally Posted by likimikuku View Post
    just thinking... if my 18-135 hav VR and is f2.8(all the way)...
    then my life will be better.. hope it cost below 400sgd also..
    'dan gu gu......... also don't have!'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •