Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon Supersize seminar with Geoff Ang

Default Canon Supersize seminar with Geoff Ang

Saw this posted on another thread in the Canon sub-forums, but thought it was too good to be missed by everyone else.

EOS Supersize Seminar
    21st March 2009
    1.30 to 5.00 pm
    Hotel Intercontinental (beside Parco Bugis Junction)
    Bugis Grand Ballroom (Level 2)

* Admission is free but limited to first 200 registered participants only

Catch top-notch fashion photographer Geoff Ang at the EOS Supersize seminar where he will share tips about fashion photography and insights into the industry. Learn how to capture the best travel photographs with professional photographer Triston Yeo, who has captured the wonderful scenic of New Zealand to the people of Sri Lanka.

And if you're looking for total control over your digital workflow, be sure not to miss the segment by Triston who will also be sharing his knowledge on how you can maintain proper colour control from capture to screen to print.

Register at:

http://www.digitaldreams.com.sg/supersize/

For those who've not registered, I strongly urge you to attend. I caught Geoff Ang's talk a few years ago... he's very talented and a very good speaker. And best of all, you'd be amazed at how much he's willing to share (he took videos of how he did a set-up!). Kudos to Canon for bringing him back!

Default Re: Canon Supersize seminar with Geoff Ang

Who is Geoff Ang?

http://www.geoffang.com/

I forgot to print out the confirmation page. Registering again, does not display the print out page. Since there also isn't any confirmation email. Is there a way to proof that I did register?
    16/35, 50/14, 135/2, 580EXII

How to register? I dun seems to be able to register at http://www.digitaldreams.com.sg/supersize/

oops! found it.. thanks

ANNOYING.

Enter my info but accidentally clicked away. Now i cannot retrieve my registration details for the talk.

Grrrr
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

I attempted to register, but it is full now.
    Come visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by edwinlimlx View Post
    I forgot to print out the confirmation page. Registering again, does not display the print out page. Since there also isn't any confirmation email. Is there a way to proof that I did register?
    Help~
    16/35, 50/14, 135/2, 580EXII

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I attempted to register, but it is full now.
    Haiz.... I tried to register also..... FULL Liao !!! So fast !!
    Canon 50D - Sigma 17-70mm, EF 55-250 and 580EX II
    http://adricng.multiply.com/photos

I've just registed myself to learn hoe to capture best pictures by using DSLR cannon camera

Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post
    ANNOYING.

Enter my info but accidentally clicked away. Now i cannot retrieve my registration details for the talk.

Grrrr
    Since is request of NRIC no to register , it may try u luck attend that day and bring along the NRIC particular. It may base on the NRIC no and name been registered for u to attend the seminar.
    since you keen to attend the seminar. no hurt trying ....... unless sometime important event you need to attend to .........

Quote Originally Posted by KHC View Post
    Since is request of NRIC no to register , it may try u luck attend that day and bring along the NRIC particular. It may base on the NRIC no and name been registered for u to attend the seminar.
    since you keen to attend the seminar. no hurt trying ....... unless sometime important event you need to attend to .........
    like for example shooting a job which will produce a banner bigger then geoff ang's?
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

btw theres a confirmation mail
    remember to print that out ..

guys, will you bring your equipments to this seminar, i mean will there be hands on?
    or we just come to see kind of presentation?

Will be bringing my gear. thinking of going around after the seminar.

Thanks for the reminding me. Almost forgotten the talk for today and forgot to print after registed myself in for the talk.
    Last edited by joe; 21st March 2009 at 10:02 AM.

Lot's of older works by Geoff. Quite a funny guy too when he talks about the behind the scene work. I think he'll be shooting more 135 digital format this days onwards.

Geoff Ang rocks! I'm glad I attended his seminar again... I think he's really cool in sharing how he achieved certain shots and the set-up required. The jaguar story was really amusing... but it shows how a professional has no choice in a job, and the "die-die must make it work" kind of mentality. And while most photographers want to keep their techniques a secret, Geoff actually showed the EOS 5D Mk II shot which was used for the Supersize campaign, and how it was done in Photoshop.

I think everyone in the audience was wowed when he said the sharpness and details of the EOS 5D Mk II was amazing, and he proceeded to show it by going to 100% pixels in Photoshop. The clarity was blinding!

At least now we know that the shot was done at f/10 using a EF 50mm lens on a EOS 5D Mk II on 29th Jan 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Geoff Ang rocks! I'm glad I attended his seminar again... I think he's really cool in sharing how he achieved certain shots and the set-up required. The jaguar story was really amusing... but it shows how a professional has no choice in a job, and the "die-die must make it work" kind of mentality. And while most photographers want to keep their techniques a secret, Geoff actually showed the EOS 5D Mk II shot which was used for the Supersize campaign, and how it was done in Photoshop.

I think everyone in the audience was wowed when he said the sharpness and details of the EOS 5D Mk II was amazing, and he proceeded to show it by going to 100% pixels in Photoshop. The clarity was blinding!

At least now we know that the shot was done at f/10 using a EF 50mm lens on a EOS 5D Mk II on 29th Jan 2009.
    Woo. an F/10 for a night shot ? You know what's the shutter speed and ISO ?

Quote Originally Posted by reno77 View Post
    Woo. an F/10 for a night shot ? You know what's the shutter speed and ISO ?
    he had lighting for the shot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast