Thread: GrrrMail?!

Exclamation GrrrMail?!

Lately, I've been feeling that my gmail experience is fast becoming an exercise in futility.

- Opening an email takes a very long time. And I really mean it.
    - Running into "Oops… the system encountered a problem (#101) - Retrying now…" quite frequently...
    - Logging out after seeing you've got no new email throws an error that says you've been logged out due to somebody logging in to another workstation or something? Duh!

I'm quite fine with the 3rd, but not with the first 2. Anybody having the same issue as me?

:Later,
    Last edited by Pinoy; 9th March 2009 at 10:57 PM.

Default Re: GrrrMail?!

Nope. Takes slightly less than four seconds from hit return key to log in till inbox page loads up fully. Opening a mail takes under two seconds.

yeah i get it too...

sometimes takes me a long long time to log...used to think it was my comp, but happens on other comps too

i know this one isn't too important but the gmail chat is giving me problems...i've got 2 accounts... one account shows my friends who are online, but when i immediately switch over to the other account i see no one online

Use 'basic HTML' to speed up?
    I used this option when I am overseas at some remote island resorts

I have no problem both at home and in office...both are Singnet and on IE7 and Google Crome

running across problem #2 3 or 4 times only, a few days ago I just can't seem to score down while replying message, otherwise it's fine for me.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Google admitted, some users faced problems accessing their account:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7934443.stm

HS

Gmail is slow for me most of the time so I used "Basic HTML".. on the same note, Flickr is really slow for me too, some times fail to load at all. SH can find no problem with the network.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Use 'basic HTML' to speed up?
    I used this option when I am overseas at some remote island resorts
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

Quote Originally Posted by parampita View Post
    Gmail is slow for me most of the time so I used "Basic HTML".. on the same note, Flickr is really slow for me too, some times fail to load at all. SH can find no problem with the network.
    Do a Google search for 'Starhub problems' and see.....

I am also communicating with them now regarding very slow connection to sites with lots of images such as photobucket or uploading images to www.ebay.com

we will see what they will do this time. seeing the other links an dproblems since last year 2008 I am not so positive

HS