Thread: 'Fire? Sparks?'

Default 'Fire? Sparks?'

Hi everyone, instead of the usual fireworks, or the usual shots taken at a BBQ, I tried something different this time. And here they go. (all shots shot at ISO 800, speed 1/5 and below, handheld)

Default Re: 'Fire? Sparks?'

how did you get the BBQ pit to spark like that?

with someone fanning the charcoal like mad loh

Ha. very smart. Something like that. Shot during the start of the fire. when you get lots of spark. =D Try it yourself! =D

haha Will give it a try...
    thanks again for sharing..

Wa, thought it was bloody cool.
    Great idea and the photos looks great

Quote Originally Posted by marvintheroundone View Post
    Wa, thought it was bloody cool.
    Great idea and the photos looks great
    Thanks! =D

Looking good! careful though, dun get any of those spark on ur camera *or anything expensive*
    Nikon D60|18-55|55-200|105 f/2.5 ai|35 f/1.8|
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by LexLim View Post
    Looking good! careful though, dun get any of those spark on ur camera *or anything expensive*
    I'd be more worried about the smoke... but cool images. I think cropping out the pit could produce some surreal images.
    Last edited by lennyl; 12th March 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I'd be more worried about the smoke... but cool images. I think cropping out the pit could produce some surreal images.
    Ha! No worries about the smoke at all man. If you could capture a great shot, I don't think smoke should dampen what you do in any way. There's a reason why I took the image this way rather than just the sparks alone. Sometimes, when shooting something, I feel that a story or why it is shot that way should be captured. Therefore, the pit in the pic shows you where the sparks are coming from, rather than just sparks. But of course, no harm tryin. =D

These sparks, no doubt interesting, however, are uncontrollable....

Tip...use a bunch of joss stick, you've got a choice of sizes too, from small to large or x large like those they use during the seventh month. And you can also choose to use one only or two, three or whole lot. With practice and some planning, can create some useful streaks pattern for montaging usage. If want to be more adventurous, use candle...more flame. Portable welding torch throw more flame. Do it before other does.

Another form of unpredicted light streaks picture will be...

bolt, strap or secure in anyway your camera to...bicycle, motorbike, car or helmet. using the slowest ISO and remote B or T shutter, cycle, ride or drive or walk around some lighted area, but avoid extremely bright area in case might over expose. Should be quite rewarding.

I'd tried setting up the camera in the back seat with sturdy tripod and drive around, drive around bending road will be more interesting than just straight road. Good Luck.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 14th March 2009 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    These sparks, no doubt interesting, however, are uncontrollable....

Tip...use a bunch of joss stick, you've got a choice of sizes too, from small to large or x large like those they use during the seventh month. And you can also choose to use one only or two, three or whole lot. With practice and some planning, can create some useful streaks pattern for montaging usage. If want to be more adventurous, use candle...more flame. Portable welding torch throw more flame. Do it before other does.

Another form of unpredicted light streaks picture will be...

bolt, strap or secure in anyway your camera to...bicycle, motorbike, car or helmet. using the slowest ISO and remote B or T shutter, cycle, ride or drive or walk around some lighted area, but avoid extremely bright area in case might over expose. Should be quite rewarding.

I'd tried setting up the camera in the back seat with sturdy tripod and drive around, drive around bending road will be more interesting than just straight road. Good Luck.
    The reason of not controlling is the essence of capturing the shot. It's all about capturing that moment never seen again. Photography in that form is certainly different from trying to create something not necessary. =D

Quote Originally Posted by allstar View Post
    The reason of not controlling is the essence of capturing the shot. It's all about capturing that moment never seen again. Photography in that form is certainly different from trying to create something not necessary. =D
    You've got a point...one and only shot ( that's precious ), sure goes for abstract.

Interesting shots!
    Oh, and matching watermark there. hehe

cooolness! btw for a moment i thought this was a thread for the 2 hot clubs of the 90's!!!
    This is a computer generated message. No signature is required.