Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

  1. #1

    Default What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    With ref from http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481346,

    continue any OT in this thread.... Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by J2meePok View Post
    With ref from http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481346,

    continue any OT in this thread.... Thanks
    ahahah still need to continue ah?????

    simple la, happy join lor if not then dun join lor. Even the whole CS or the whole island make noise, it still make no diff lor
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  3. #3

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    oeyvind > T&C suggests it's a grab-all rights contest for all entries.

    poondq > thats what singapore gov always do lol... never say the answer directly lol ^^
    anyways just submit some useless pics inside my old database lol..

    Tupi Guy > was about to post this too. Totally agreed with you esp clause 18

    kelvinkhoo > There is 1 rule that is very simple in every contest. That is: if your are happy with the rules, obey the rules, if not.... don't join the contest.

    RichardSeah > I e-mailed STB and asked them to clarify clause 18. I asked if it means we lose all rights or that STB have the rights to use the image but we still own the rights. #15, #16

    KopiOkaya > The terms and conditions stated in this photo contest is simply unacceptable even in our local context. Don't be lured into their 'baits' and turn ourselves into pro bono stock photographers for them.

    lets starts...

  4. #4

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    ahahah still need to continue ah?????

    simple la, happy join lor if not then dun join lor. Even the whole CS or the whole island make noise, it still make no diff lor
    that event thread sure got ppl continue talk one.. + got some digger too... i will leave this thread open for 3week.. if no talk talk i will delete this thread.

  5. #5
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    ahahah still need to continue ah?????

    simple la, happy join lor if not then dun join lor. Even the whole CS or the whole island make noise, it still make no diff lor
    What if all photo contests in Singapore progressively practice this kind of dubious terms and conditions? Some good souls among us will have to voice out and make the organizers (be it present or future) aware that artists have got our rights too.
    Last edited by KopiOkaya; 9th March 2009 at 08:18 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    [QUOTE=J2meePok;4869548]

    Tupi Guy > was about to post this too. Totally agreed with you esp clause 18
    [/URL]

    Honestly, they are not the 1st to be like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by J2meePok View Post
    that event thread sure got ppl continue talk one.. + got some digger too... i will leave this thread open for 3week.. if no talk talk i will delete this thread.
    hahaha people like me and you to come in here TCSS hahahahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiOkaya View Post
    What if all photo contests in Singapore progressively practice this kind of dubious terms and conditions? Some good souls among us will have to voice out and make the organizers (be it present or future) aware that artists have got our rights too.
    Honestly, do you think it will affect you if u are the organizers??? They will tell you, not happy dun join lor, hahahaha

    When one is all out with this kind of rules and regulations. They are prepared la, and they know what they want too. Time are bad lor, so maybe they also no budget for "Pro"perly photographer's photos. So come out this? And it been a trend in SIngapore, luckily some are good enough with the rules.

    And no one FORCE us to join too. Best is some might just trying hard to "cut" down the participants to rise their chances lor, and i wont be surprised
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 9th March 2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  7. #7
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    Honestly, do you think it will affect you if u are the organizers??? They will tell you, not happy dun join lor, hahahaha
    That does not mean I must to yield to their rules and regulations if I consider to submit my entries. I have the responsibility and the rights to question them.

    In everyday living, let's say your boss is being unreasonable, will you resign from your job immediately?
    Last edited by KopiOkaya; 9th March 2009 at 10:08 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiOkaya View Post

    In everyday living, let's say your boss is being unreasonable, don't tell me you will quit your job and leave immediately?
    hahahaha that why i am not working ah It jsut a matter of choices one has made

    Ok la, enjoy the thread, me heading out for kopi liao TATA
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  9. #9

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiOkaya View Post
    Me too.... I am the owner of an education centre and a operates from my home studio as a wedding and commercial photographer.
    hahaha i am owner of nothing and doing nothing is kind of my profession
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  10. #10

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    you always have a choice.

    just inform other people of what their choice encompasses, let them decide.

    there will still be people who are happy with the exposure they will get from the competition, the prizes.. why force your opinion down people's throats?

  11. #11
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    hahaha i am owner of nothing and doing nothing is kind of my profession
    Doing nothing is always good..... Less stressful in fact.

  12. #12
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    why force your opinion down people's throats?
    Adolf Hitler did that and he was partially successful.
    Chairman Mao did that and he was successful.
    Karl Marx did that and he was very successful.
    Last edited by KopiOkaya; 9th March 2009 at 09:17 AM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiOkaya View Post
    Adolf Hitler did that and he was partially successful.
    Chairman Mao did that and he was successful.
    Karl Marx did that and he was very successful.
    and...?

    everyone wants to be chairman mao, adolf hitler and karl marx?

    if you're trying to make a point, pardon me while i do not see it. people also have the choice to take adolf's opinion, chairman mao's opinion, karl marx's opinion. not everyone believed in it, and this is why democracy is the reigning political system we have today; though whether it is the most ideal theoretically.. is another story for another day.
    Last edited by night86mare; 9th March 2009 at 09:26 AM.

  14. #14
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    this is why democracy is the reigning political system we have today
    So you think democracy is the reigning political system? My point is - were those terms and conditions being written and established by someone who believed in democracy? Sadly, I doubt so.

    And..... that organizer is no better than Hitler/Marx/Mao. That is why there are some people who take their opinions and living with it (happily), and some, like Richard and I, who don't.
    Last edited by KopiOkaya; 9th March 2009 at 10:10 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    consider the fact that you won and own a $3k camera... so pict is worth so much moleh... quite good what.

    conside the fact you din win

    anyway, stb is already very generous here. i hav a buddy who dont get paid after submitting several photos and some being used for prints. no credit mention either. suck thumb.

    anyway, for those who are keen, just go for it.. nothing will stop you from winning the prizes. all the best!

  16. #16
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    conside the fact you din win
    Then you LL lor. Your images are theirs forever liao.

  17. #17

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiOkaya View Post

    And..... that organizer is no better than Hitler/Marx/Mao. That is why there are some people who take their opinions and living with it (happily), and some, like Richard and I, who don't.
    "Battle not with monsters
    lest ye become a monster
    and if you gaze into the abyss
    the abyss gazes into you."

    -- Nietzsche

  18. #18
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    "Battle not with monsters
    lest ye become a monster
    and if you gaze into the abyss
    the abyss gazes into you."

    -- Nietzsche
    And.... your point?
    Last edited by KopiOkaya; 9th March 2009 at 09:54 AM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiOkaya View Post
    And.... your point?
    shrug, i'm sure you get it, since you're the man.

  20. #20
    Deregistered KopiOkaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At a kopitiam nears you.
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    shrug, i'm sure you get it, since you're the man.
    And to quote back from Nietzsche himself:

    “We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •