Thread: Photo become unsharp after convert from RAW?

Default Photo become unsharp after convert from RAW?

Hi,
    I am using Digital Photo Professional provided together with my Canon Utilities CD. ... After sharpen the image using thep program in the RAW format, I convert the photo into JPEG and save it. It happen to me that the photo is not sharp after convert to JPEG, also...when I view it using the Digital Photo Professional, the image is very sharp, it is not the case after I save as JPEG... Any sifu know why? Or What program that sifu here usually use to pp the photo?

Default Re: Photo become unsharp after convert from RAW?

Quote Originally Posted by RobGn View Post
    Hi,
    I am using Digital Photo Professional provided together with my Canon Utilities CD. ... After sharpen the image using thep program in the RAW format, I convert the photo into JPEG and save it. It happen to me that the photo is not sharp after convert to JPEG, also...when I view it using the Digital Photo Professional, the image is very sharp, it is not the case after I save as JPEG... Any sifu know why? Or What program that sifu here usually use to pp the photo?

i also feel the same. but the reason i give myself is beacuse Raw is uncompress files. Jpeg compressed. mayb tat's y it look alittle not sharp especially u put the 2 pic together side by side. think is like tat? can some1 correct if i am wrong?

Hi Chrisply,

There should be setting on jpeg compression. If you set the compression ratio too high, then your jpeg will look unsharp.

Alternatively, you can save your work in tiff. The only disadvantage is tiff size is big

check your settings in the program, find something like compression settings, and change it to low compression (highest quality) or something liddat.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

RAW is original files of your photo,

if you wanna sharp your photo, photoshop USM is the best tool
    Photographers' Road - How to earn money with your photos
    http://billinghamstudio.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Billingham View Post
    RAW is original files of your photo,

if you wanna sharp your photo, photoshop USM is the best tool
    IC... so normally u all are using the photoshop USM in sharpening the photo?or hv any other good tool to pp the photo? Thnks...

not sure about canon
    but i process my RAW in photoshop

use the clarity slider
    i am camera stupid, i just take photos > website