Thread: Panasonic Lumix G1 and Canao EOS 450D, which model is better?

Default Panasonic Lumix G1 and Canao EOS 450D, which model is better?

Hi all,

I am a newbie, I will plan to buy a budget Camera, can anyone advise me which model is better? Panasonic G1 or Canon 450D?

Thank you.

Default Re: Panasonic Lumix G1 and Canao EOS 450D, which model is better?

Which model is better will depend on yourself. What you want and what you need. As I have mentioned many times, all entry level cams from every camp (Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic) are very capable to produce decent results if you can overcome the shortcomings of each camera.

Do go to the shops to try the different cams and see which is more comfortable in your hands and which suits you more. For all your know, you may end up with a different brand and model eventually.

When testing the cams, do a fair comparison between the cams (ie. same settings) and play around to see which one is more user friendly and allows you to change the settings easier. Do not be affected by the sales person's sales talk as they will generally try to sell you the cam which gives him the highest commission and not based on your needs.

Happy shopping.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Personally I have choose the 450D over G1, because of the availability of lens & accessories. Even though I already own the FL36 (flash) prior to my purchase to 450D, I still find that the m4/3 lens are very much limited and the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter is expensive & does not guarantee that AF would work....

Considering the Panasonic G1 (m4/3) is version 1.0, I would wait for the m4/3 to be more mature first...

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Which model is better will depend on yourself. What you want and what you need. As I have mentioned many times, all entry level cams from every camp (Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic) are very capable to produce decent results if you can overcome the shortcomings of each camera.

Do go to the shops to try the different cams and see which is more comfortable in your hands and which suits you more. For all your know, you may end up with a different brand and model eventually.

When testing the cams, do a fair comparison between the cams (ie. same settings) and play around to see which one is more user friendly and allows you to change the settings easier. Do not be affected by the sales person's sales talk as they will generally try to sell you the cam which gives him the highest commission and not based on your needs.

Happy shopping.
    Thank you for your reply.

The saleman recommended Panasonic G1 when I went to the courts. My research is Canon 450D, after this, I surt the net and knew more about this two.

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Personally I have choose the 450D over G1, because of the availability of lens & accessories. Even though I already own the FL36 (flash) prior to my purchase to 450D, I still find that the m4/3 lens are very much limited and the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter is expensive & does not guarantee that AF would work....

Considering the Panasonic G1 (m4/3) is version 1.0, I would wait for the m4/3 to be more mature first...
    Hi,

I will do more research before I buy the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by susuki View Post
    Hi,

I will do more research before I buy the camera.
    No problem... hope my suggestion is useful to you...