Thread: Taking photos at paid professional concerts

Default Taking photos at paid professional concerts

Has anybody tried writing in to the organiser eg. Livenation for permission to take photos right in front of the stage? I am going to attend Coldplay in about a weeks time and i was just wondering what it would take for me to be right in front taking photos of the band while they play. Anybody had any experience in this area? Does every touring band have a photographer?

Default Re: Taking photos at paid professional concerts

Quote Originally Posted by joshuachan28 View Post
    Has anybody tried writing in to the organiser eg. Livenation for permission to take photos right in front of the stage? I am going to attend Coldplay in about a weeks time and i was just wondering what it would take for me to be right in front taking photos of the band while they play. Anybody had any experience in this area? Does every touring band have a photographer?
    It wont happen. Unless your with a magazine, newspaper, know the organisers or the band, the chances of getting press access is very very slim. Especially for a band as big as Coldplay, the press passes are probably all gone anyway.

Tons of other fans will use that as an excuse to get close to their favourite band if that's ever gonna happens.

Hmm, since I ll be going for Mayday concert soon, I liked to know, are we allowed to bring DSLR in for photography?

Quote Originally Posted by alexljy View Post
    Hmm, since I ll be going for Mayday concert soon, I liked to know, are we allowed to bring DSLR in for photography?
    I do believe they will request that you lock your camera and photographic equipment in the lockers at the gates. Do read your terms and conditions on the reverse of the ticket for more information. It's all quite clearly stated there.

Blog Entries

even the press are normally only allowed to take photos for the 1st 3 songs