Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: c750uz user pls come in

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang / Singapore
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feipern
    The oly cap is useful only if u don't hv an adapter...

    Once u hv the adapter...it'll no long work... am i right?
    Yes, you are right.

    Usually I will use the Olycap when travelling overseas or when I want to keep the C750 in compact form. (Easy to carry)

    When going for a shoot, or when I am using filters/lens hood etc, I will remove the Olycap, attach the adapter and keep the camera on (with the lens extended for quick shooting). The adapter protects the extended lens from accidental knocks and scratches.

    You can see the attached adapter + UV filter + lens hood in my Avatar.

    Cheers,
    David

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Yes, you are right.

    Usually I will use the Olycap when travelling overseas or when I want to keep the C750 in compact form. (Easy to carry)

    When going for a shoot, or when I am using filters/lens hood etc, I will remove the Olycap, attach the adapter and keep the camera on (with the lens extended for quick shooting). The adapter protects the extended lens from accidental knocks and scratches.

    You can see the attached adapter + UV filter + lens hood in my Avatar.

    Cheers,
    David
    ic ic...

    but i'll find it troublesome to change between the oly cap and adapter... although without the adapter is much more in compact form. but i don't want to take in take out so frequent as i'm afraid that i might accidentally scratch the lens... so i prefer to have my adapter to be there always..

    and i'll be going oversea in May... backpack... any advice or opinion can get from you interm of photo shooting or accesory maintenace and etc....

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang / Singapore
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feipern
    ic ic...

    but i'll find it troublesome to change between the oly cap and adapter... although without the adapter is much more in compact form. but i don't want to take in take out so frequent as i'm afraid that i might accidentally scratch the lens... so i prefer to have my adapter to be there always..

    and i'll be going oversea in May... backpack... any advice or opinion can get from you interm of photo shooting or accesory maintenace and etc....
    Hmmm ...

    If you're going backpacking, then adding the adapter tube and leaving it there will make the camera more bulky but will protect your lens.

    The other option is to use the original cap or the Olycap. To protect the lens, just make sure to switch off the camera and close the cap when not in use. The only drawback is that you need to switch on every time you need to take a shot.

    Also remember to bring with you either lens cleaning paper or cloth. Batteries are also important so bring along a charger and at least 2 sets of rechargeable batteries. (If you are kiasu, can carry another set of spare normal batteries just in case all your rechargeables run out ) Make sure your charger is able to handle the voltage of the country you are going to and bring along the proper adapter to plug it in.

    Cheers,
    David

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Hmmm ...

    If you're going backpacking, then adding the adapter tube and leaving it there will make the camera more bulky but will protect your lens.

    The other option is to use the original cap or the Olycap. To protect the lens, just make sure to switch off the camera and close the cap when not in use. The only drawback is that you need to switch on every time you need to take a shot.

    Also remember to bring with you either lens cleaning paper or cloth. Batteries are also important so bring along a charger and at least 2 sets of rechargeable batteries. (If you are kiasu, can carry another set of spare normal batteries just in case all your rechargeables run out ) Make sure your charger is able to handle the voltage of the country you are going to and bring along the proper adapter to plug it in.

    Cheers,
    David
    alright!!!
    thanks a lot....
    You're so helpful.... ha...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •