Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I upgrade to a D300

Default Re: Should I upgrade to a D300

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    go for it! better even if d3. help the economy!
    So, u must be using D3 eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SabaDen View Post
    So, u must be using D3 eh?
    No I dont follow the crowd.
    I use Olympus E-3 and I am still lousy, but now I have a tank camera, and cost less than other brand flagship, but he mentioned D300 so why? might as well go all the way! LOL.
    Last edited by aryanto; 9th March 2009 at 10:14 PM.

i was damn hesitant, considering between the D300 and D90.

i went for the D300 (followed my heart, though pocket damn pain), and the moment i held it in my hands, all my doubts and regrets just went away...

deep inside me i also know that this will be my last upgrade, for the next 18 months. haha. i hope.
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    No I dont follow the crowd.
    I use Olympus E-3 and I am still lousy, but now I have a tank camera, and cost less than other brand flagship, but he mentioned D300 so why? might as well go all the way! LOL.
    Nah, thot u oso bot the MOST ex cam to help the BAD econ that's why yr good advice. Why not u buy & maybe like keep ... still help the econ as what u said.

He mentioned newbie ... D300 & D3 is diff prospect altogether.

aiya, illustrate a simple example...my lady friend asked me if she shld buy this dress she liked, but didnt know if she needed another dress or fit the style of the dress.. ask and ask and ask, in the end, i told her my frank opinion was..."no doesnt really suit u i think"

Fine, i told her my opinion, but i think it hardly matters! Because the next day i received a phone call from her saying that she went back to get that dress and was on cloud number nine.

So moral of story, who cares it if suits u, fit it, or whatever, if you can afford it, and you like it, buy it!

I am also an ex d70 user, recently just upgraded to the D300, loving every moment of it. The larger LCD , better metering and that 51 point af is also a plus point.

My D70 lasted a almost 4 years before i decided to upgrade, this D300 will last another 4-5 years i hope.

It was only recently that I decided to move from the age of the dinosaurs and made the quantum leap to DSLR's.

I bought a D300 and though I am still trying to come to grips with all it's capabilities, I am happy to say I am rapt with the results I am obtaining.

There are rumours now of a D400 and if the rumours are true, I think it may push the price of the D300's downwards.

Cheers

Nah, thot u oso bot the MOST ex cam to help the BAD econ that's why yr good advice. Why not u buy & maybe like keep ... still help the econ as what u said.
    I did not buy most ex, but with similar amount of D3 + grip + good lense I can buy:
    E3 + SDW 12-60 + SDW 50-200 + pancake 25mm + 11-22 + 18-180 + Sigma 30mm f1.4 + FL50 (R has not come out then) + minifridge .. er I mean drybox ... + set of filters + extra batteries ...

He mentioned newbie ... D300 & D3 is diff prospect altogether.
    Eh, he want to upgrade to D300 so I suggest D3 lah.
    OK I am joking.
    Got a guy in FourThirds called andrewine who uses E520 + kit lense! KIT LENSE! and he took better photos than me.
    Last edited by aryanto; 10th March 2009 at 02:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12