Thread: Career 2009 & Education 2009 exhibition at Suntec.

Default Career 2009 & Education 2009 exhibition at Suntec.

The above mentioned exhibition is now on.

Read more about it here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...413295/1/.html

Just wanted to spread some awareness to all CS-ers here in view of the difficult times now.

Another thing that I wanted to ask, is this exhibition an annual affair? Because I am only aware of this exhibition this year.

Good luck everyone.

Default Re: Career 2009 & Education 2009 exhibition at Suntec.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    The above mentioned exhibition is now on.

Read more about it here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...413295/1/.html

Just wanted to spread some awareness to all CS-ers here in view of the difficult times now.

Another thing that I wanted to ask, is this exhibition an annual affair? Because I am only aware of this exhibition this year.

Good luck everyone.
    Yes it is an annual affair. Not worth going unless you are looking for education information. Guess who is applying for Marina Sands jobs and the other IR job? Filipinos - tons of them, sitting all over the place. The papers says lots of jobs but I DON'T SEE ANY!
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Wah! Thanks for the insight view, dancemania.

Was actually thinking of dropping in to check out the job vacancies there (from the media, there are a lot on offer).

Why are there so many Filipinos at the IR booths? Are they the only ones offering jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Yes it is an annual affair. Not worth going unless you are looking for education information. Guess who is applying for Marina Sands jobs and the other IR job? Filipinos - tons of them, sitting all over the place. The papers says lots of jobs but I DON'T SEE ANY!
    got something against the pinoys here?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Went to the career show today, besides the IRs, only MOE, Prudential, Thye Kwan Morale society and the hospitals recuiting people only. It seems all the hotels that participated last year did not do so this year.....

These career fairs are full of BS. Went to the Creative Industries fair and thought most of the companies there were more interested in pimping their training courses than actual recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    Went to the career show today, besides the IRs, only MOE, Prudential, Thye Kwan Morale society and the hospitals recuiting people only. It seems all the hotels that participated last year did not do so this year.....
    Dovedo, thanks for the update.