Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (34) long road ahead!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (34) long road ahead!

LIVERPOOL FOR SALE

Kuwaitis takeover for Liverpool still ongoing

March 7, 2009

A Kuwaiti investment group are continuing negotiations to invest in Liverpool, with representatives set to meet co-owner Tom Hicks "within the next two weeks".
    Click here

Abdulla Al-Sager, who is representing his family in the talks, said talks with Hicks in Texas are imminent after last week insisting the Americans were asking for "too much" to invest in the Anfield club.

"They are willing to negotiate and we are negotiating and will continue to do so in the weeks to come," Al-Sager told Bloomberg.

"We are serious and things can change."

Al-Sager, who was at Liverpool's 2-0 win over Chelsea on February 1 along with Rafed Al-Kharafi, a member of one of Kuwait's richest families, did not reveal the size of the stake to be discussed, but hinted the group would be prepared to work with Hicks.

"Hicks and his team are nice people and unbelievably humble," he said. "We are huge supporters and we definitely want something to happen."

The Americans' time at Anfield has been beset by off-field troubles, notably the contract wrangle with manager Rafael Benitez and the construction of the club's new stadium in Stanley Park, which has been delayed due to the global economic crisis.

However, Al-Sager is hopeful of galvanising the club.

"We want to build the new stadium in Stanley Park and make the team do really well," he added.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (34) long road ahead!

LIVERPOOL NEWS

Torres confident of being fit for crunch clashes

March 5, 2009

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is confident he will be fit for the club's crucial clashes in Europe and at home in the next ten days.

Fernando Torres gets treatment at the Bernabeu.

The Reds take on Real Madrid in the second leg of their Champions League last 16 tie looking to progress with a 1-0 advantage from the first leg at the Bernabeu, and then face Manchester United in the Premier League in a match they have to win to have any hope of catching their bitter north-west rivals.

Torres has not played since he suffered an ankle injury in that Madrid victory, but revealed tonight he is optimistic about returning next week.

"I hope to be available for both of the matches because they will be two great games," he said in a webchat on his personal site. "The ankle injury has been giving me some trouble and the recovery process is taking longer than I hoped.

"However, I am quite optimistic that I will be ready for the match versus Real Madrid, and if the ankle holds out, I will also be at Old Trafford."

Torres does not accept the claim that his injury problems this season have cost Liverpool their chance of winning the Premier League title, adding: "I don't think that I'm to blame for the injuries, it forms part of the game. I have suffered three muscular injuries during the first three months of the competition, and now I have picked up an ankle injury.

"I don't think that my injury should be considered as a reason for Liverpool not winning the league. Although following a couple of poor results we have lost touch with Manchester United at the top, the team has done well this season. The league though is still alive, but Man United are looking strong and they are not dropping points."

The Spain forward insisted his own future at Anfield was not tied to that of manager and compatriot Rafael Benitez, who is yet to sign a new deal with Liverpool.

"My future is tied with Liverpool, because I still have four years left to run on my contract," he added. "Therefore, should Rafa leave, I will stay on and fulfil my contract with the club. My wish is that Rafa extends his contract with Liverpool. I cannot think about how a possible departure might affect me, because it hasn't happened yet, and I don't like wasting time thinking about ifs and buts."

if u read through, it seems clear that Torres is his own man and he does not want to be linked with Raf999 anymore after raf999's crazy outburst, accusing Torres' injury of upsetting the current campaign.

it is very clear that Torres is angry and unhappy with what raf999 had said and the way the blame is pushed onto him.

raf999's 4-5-1 is to be blamed and yet, in true raf999's pattern, he absolved himself of any fault n pushed them all away.

splendid. can't wait to see him leave LFC.

Cheesecake, u hve been quiet this weekend

Wats up ?
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post

Wats up ?
    no leh

always around. becoms i m round!! hahahaha

this wkend no games for us too...

Wats up ?
    be bz inserting codes

Wats up ?
    busy doing nothing just like LFC!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    kekeke

quiet weekend. planning to win the xpert11. hehehe

Wats up ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    no leh

always around. becoms i m round!! hahahaha

this wkend no games for us too...
    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    funny some manUre fans suddenly show up quite frequently when manUre top the table but disappear when chasing the leader/s...bro jeff,now day time or nite time also free already ah? wah so good...

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). zhapchit 35pts
    2). cheesecake 32pts
    3). grumpy 32pts
    4). jfoo 30pts
    5). blazer workz 25pts
    6). boresome 25pts
    7). obfuscate 22pts
    8). airfins 20pts
    9). domdomino 19pts
    10). Taurean 19pts
    11). roDz 17pts
    12). canew 16pts
    13). kelccm 8pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

1). airfins 26 Nov, 2008 LFC 1 vs. Marseille 0 (Stevie G)
    2). CC 30 Nov, 2008 Chel$ki 1 vs. Gooners 2 (RVP X 2)
    3). obfuscate 13 Dec, 2008 Hotcakes 0 vs. ManCircle 0

10/03/09
    wednesday

LIVERPOOL vs. real kuniangs

Anfield.

(1-0 agg)

1). 2-0 (LFC wins!!) (Gerrard, Benayoun) CC
    2). 1-1 (DRAW) (Alonso) blazer_workz
    3). 1-0 (LFC wins!!) (Gerrard) zhapchit
    4). 2-1 ( LFC WINSS!! ) ( Benayoun , Gerrard ) domdomino
    5). 3-1 LIVERPOOL WIN!!!! (Kuyt, Ngog) kelccm
    6). 2-1 (Liverpool wins!) (S. Gerrard, S. Gerrard) Canew
    7). 2-1 LFC WINS (Kite, Gerrard) jfoo
    8). 1-1 Draw (kite) shunzi
    9). 0-0 DRAW ( ) grumpy
    10). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN (torres) boresome
    11). 2-1 LFC Win! (Gerrard/Benayoun) roDz

LIVERPOOL FOR SALE

Kuwaitis takeover for Liverpool still ongoing
    Please come & buy LFC over...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    funny some manUre fans suddenly show up quite frequently when manUre top the table but disappear when chasing the leader/s...bro jeff,now day time or nite time also free already ah? wah so good...
    cars with manure scarfs appearing over the night when they top the chart.

I am sure I will hear more from you this coming weekend.

I only appear here to update what verbal bashing for Manure and what **** load Rafa is going thru.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

i m lookin forward to the off season.

july when LFC come over to S[pore and hopefully we will haf new owners n new gaffer. kekeke

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    cars with manure scarfs appearing over the night when they top the chart.
    am i surprise? NOPE...

I am sure I will hear more from you this coming weekend.

I only appear here to update what verbal bashing for Manure and what **** load Rafa is going thru.
    i might be online & watch the game also as the whole family will be away on holiday...minus me lah

what verbal bashing for manUre fans? is there any? i thought manUre fans verbal bashed other fans coz they are top of the league right now?

anyway,Rafa is the best there is...ofcourse hiddink is also good but taken liao...

i m lookin forward to the off season.

july when LFC come over to S[pore and hopefully we will haf new owners n new gaffer. kekeke
    last time LFC paid us a visit,they brought with them 3 trophies...hopefully this time when they come they bring 1 or 2 better ones...

for the future, i can see new owners...but Rafa will stay for sure...

last time LFC paid us a visit,they brought with them 3 trophies...hopefully this time when they come they bring 1 or 2 better ones...

for the future, i can see new owners...but Rafa will stay for sure...
    i looking forward to seeing alonso, gerrard, carragher, hyppia, reina, aurelio, benayoun, torres!!!

i looking forward to seeing alonso, gerrard, carragher, hyppia, reina, aurelio, benayoun, torres!!!
    --><--
    And I bet your refers to your favourite Dirk Kuyt
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    And I bet your refers to your favourite Dirk Kuyt

that goes without saying, that one we cannot see
    CCC bring home to enjoy

We'll derail Rafa's Reds, roars Raul
    Mon 09 Mar, 10:15 AM

Raul remains confident Real Madrid can overcome their defeat at the Bernabeu and knock Liverpool out of the Champions League at Anfield.Primera Liga giants Real travel to Merseyside on Tuesday night for the second leg of their last-16 tie trailing their opponents 1-0 after Yossi Benayoun struck late on in Spain a fortnight ago.

However, Raul - the top scorer in Real's history and in the Champions League - insists he and his team-mates possess the ability to upset Rafael Benitez's Reds at Anfield.

The hosts are notoriously strong in front of their home supporters in continental competition, but captain Raul feels that Real manager Juande Ramos will coax the required performance.

"We have a clear idea of what we have to do - score twice," Raul said in The Times. "The other day we were hit strongly by the defeat, but we know we are going to have our chances and we are not going to give up.

"We are capable of beating Liverpool at Anfield. Since the arrival of Juande Ramos we are more disciplined.

"At the beginning of the season we had a lot of problems - we were scoring goals, but letting them in as well and that cost us a lot of points. We are now in good shape, above all physically and mentally."

*yAwnzzz*

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast