Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (34) long road ahead!

Deregistered

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (34) long road ahead!

3-0 ! !

Watch at www.channelsurfing.net

Deregistered

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (34) long road ahead!

my god. sub gerard with Jay Spearing..

so heng , we field lucas, abalone and kite still winning 3-0. ITS A MIRCLE!

Deregistered

i dont know if u all saw this , but in a Real Madrid Side, suddenly theres a everlose fan stood up and wave Everlose scarf.

and

4-0 ! ! !

scored by dossena. im so surprised.

5-0 agg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are through!!!!!!!

Byebye Kuniangs!!!!!!!!

Rampant Reds thrash sorry Madrid

Liverpool stormed into the quarter finals of the Champions League with a barnstorming demolition of Real Madrid at Anfield.

The Reds crushed their Spanish opponents 4-0 on the night, winning 5-0 on aggregate, in a one-sided display of superb attacking football.

Inspirational skipper Steven Gerrard bagged a brace with a goal in each half after the returning Fernando Torres had given Liverpool the lead early on.

And with the game won and Liverpool’s passage to the next round already assured, substitute Andrea Dossena rounded off proceedings, hammering the final nail in the Madrid coffin.

Juande Ramos' side were outclassed, out-muscled and out-gunned by a Liverpool outfit intent on punishing their illustrious visitors.

It was one-way traffic from the first whistle and Rafa Benitez’s troops did not lift their foot off the pedal until they were comfortably ahead and the tie was won.

Anfield was simmering for the arrival of the European Cup’s most decorated side, who were experiencing the tumult of the Kop for the first time. And within seconds of the kick-off they were hit with the full force.

Europe is where Rafa Benitez’s tactical acumen undoubtedly comes into its own. But the controlled and calculated performance on show two weeks’ ago at the Bernabeu went out the window as Liverpool began at breakneck pace.

It took only three minutes for Torres to make his presence known, with a sublime turn that hinted at the gulf in quality between the two sides that would quickly become apparent.

The Spain striker’s ingenuity left him one-on-one with Madrid keeper Iker Casillas who pulled off an excellent reaction save with his feet to keep the scores level on the night.

Casillas is considered by many to be the best keeper in the world and he laid a claim to the accolade barely a minute later when he tipped a left-footed volley from Javier Mascherano, of all people, onto the bar and over.

The visitors were visibly shell-shocked. If they had expected Liverpool to feel their way into the game slowly, they were very much mistaken. This was an all-out onslaught rarely seen in Europe under Benitez’s tenure.

And on 15 minutes The Reds took a deserved lead. Torres, looking as sharp as ever despite his injury lay-off, chested down a long ball forward and got a toe to it ahead of Madrid defender Pepe, stabbing it into the path of Dirk Kuyt.

The Dutchman took a touch and squared the ball back to the Spaniard who had the simple task of putting the ball into the empty net.

Torres then turned provider for Steven Gerrard. Another fleet-footed spin took him away from Sergio Ramos on the left-hand edge of the area, while his cross found the Liverpool captain sliding in at the far post.

Gerrard managed to steer his effort back across goal but Casillas was again on hand to deny The Reds skipper.

Liverpool deserved to lead by more than the single goal, but the manner in which they did finally double their advantage would have left a sour taste in Madrid mouths.

Gabrielle Heinze was once courted by Benitez, but the Madrid full back was left fuming when he was adjudged to have handled in the area.

Alvaro Arbeloa chested the ball towards the Argentine, who seemed to shoulder it away only to see the linesman flagging furiously to alert the referee to a perceived infringement.

Gerrard was in no mood to be charitable and stepped up to thump the ball into the back of the net from 12 yards, sending Casillas the wrong way.

The Reds’ dominance was such that Madrid were restricted to a long-range free-kick from Wesley Sneijder that Reina palmed around the post and a stabbed effort from Raul after a good turn from Gonzalo Higuain.

If the Spaniards thought Liverpool were quickly out of the blocks in the first half, they were given another lesson in quick starts after the break.

Ryan Babel has suffered with second season syndrome, failing to secure a place in The Reds starting line-up after promising so much last year.

But the Dutch forward was at his dynamic best against a Madrid side who afforded him the sort of space he thrives on.

He skipped down the left within a minute of the restart, leaving Sergio Ramos in his wake, before crossing for Gerrard to finish into the roof of the net from eight yards.

The Liverpool captain was imperious. He wasn’t floating or drifting in the hole behind Torres, but hammering away at the Madrid backline as he went in search of his hat-trick.

And he nearly got it less than ten minutes into the second half. A fluid Liverpool passing move ended with Gerrard hitting a stinging shot from the edge of the area that Casillas was forced to parry wide.

The tie, however, was already in the bag and Liverpool were ready to take their foot off the pedal.

The change in pace allowed Madrid to craft some chances of their own with Raul side-footing a cross from Ramos over the bar under pressure from Reina, while Fernando Gago had a good opportunity to pull a goal back but again could not keep his effort on target.

Torres had an effort brilliantly tipped round the post by Casillas with ten minutes remaining before Dossena rounded-off the scoring late-on.

The oft-maligned full back came off the bench to bury a cross from the right past Casillas and into the back of the net.

If Madrid are considering a change of manager at the end of the season, no doubt they will test Liverpool's resolve to hang on to their Spanish boss. The Reds were simply a class above a Madrid side who lacked any of the impetus their opponents possessed.

swee swee

i jus woke up!!!

hehehe cannot wake up to watch.

4-0 siah! if only all our matches are against real kuniangs!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i jus woke up!!!

hehehe cannot wake up to watch.

4-0 siah! if only all our matches are against real kuniangs!
    This is indeed a good result. Good that Real got kicked out. If I am not wrong, Rafa wants to show that he has the right stuff for Real Madrid.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Basket.... Liverpool needed "Spanish Fly" to boost their performance!! They suddenly become impotent against "Housefly".....

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    This is indeed a good result. Good that Real got kicked out. If I am not wrong, Rafa wants to show that he has the right stuff for Real Madrid.

he just killed any chance of returning to RM

what a sweet result to wake up to

YNWA!!!

*wave scarf*

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    i dont know if u all saw this , but in a Real Madrid Side, suddenly theres a everlose fan stood up and wave Everlose scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    *wave scarf*
    are you the everlose fan?

just kidding

Bayern thrash sporting 7-1? agg 12-1.. kelong siao..

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    are you the everlose fan?

just kidding
    better off with waving kite g-string

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    ya i oso think so but if he goes, he goes out with my full blessings.

hehehehehe

Bayern thrash sporting 7-1? agg 12-1.. kelong siao..
    this one got nothing to do with me i swear!! kekeke

better off with waving kite g-string
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    this one got nothing to do with me i swear!! kekeke
    then it must be melvin gor gor liao!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
    Basket.... Liverpool needed "Spanish Fly" to boost their performance!! They suddenly become impotent against "Housefly".....
    and we will buang at home against KKJ teams!

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast