Thread: Who likes to Stomp?

Default Who likes to Stomp?

Personally, I think Stomp was a bad idea... people complain about every small little thing... post photos that are supposedly private, and more people are losing the virtue of 'forgive and forget'.

What do you think?

Default Re: Who likes to Stomp?

not that i like it or something...

but its a way of making ppl subconsciously conforming to the society... its like every guy is a police...

think of it like Matrix... when u see a lady in red walk past, you turn around its an agent...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

but its a way of making ppl subconsciously conforming to the society... its like every guy is a police...

think of it like Matrix... when u see a lady in red walk past, you turn around its an agent...
    Hey Mod,
    I like the way u phrase it. They know they can control everything and everyone in Spore, but cannot control Internet, that's why they introduce stomp to get all to place their views in stomp so that they can monitor and sieve out info that they do not wish to make public- very smart people, will work on 70% of the population, but the 30% smarter ones would voice their own opinions in blogs of their own.

One thing though, I really appreciate this Clubsnap forum: extremely informative and the guys here really share generously. Good job CS!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

Yea... and Singapore becomes less and less of a gracious society... It's not a bad idea to implement something like Stomp, but I personally think that a lot of news in there are overboard and ridiculous... and mostly insignificant. I think it's become more of a hip thing to report something there... suddenly, everyone's turned into the paparazzi.

I don't Stomp at all, and I don't foresee myself even starting a thread there...

Stomp is like a bunch of old aunties were let loose to gossip and scold people behind their back...
    I never go there. That it's being run by **** Press holdings is even more incentive not to.

You can also see stomp as a form of surrogate parent educator. Since most parents have abrogated their responsibilities to ppl like the school and police instead of taking the time to educate their kids, stomp serves to allow the larger group to peer review some really horrible behaviour.

OTOH, it's also filled with a lot of stupid kiddy folks that don't know better.

It's a placed filled with boliao people and people with no sense of commonsense and basic logic.

a lot JPBSP....no choice...

hmm.... I think I did post one air-polluting trailer video and one car anyhow park pic before...lol
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

When people obsess on the trivial stuffs, they forget the big picture. Thats its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by mulia View Post
    they introduce stomp to get all to place their views in stomp so that they can monitor and sieve out info that they do not wish to make public-
    Ur so rite !!! my stomp about "being cheated in Lucky Plaza" got deleted in < 8 hrs.
    I hate stomp.

STOMP is corroding social values. Instead of doing something positive to stop the bad things the STOMPer see, he decides to take a photo of it.
    Canon EOS 450D|EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by La Vida View Post
    STOMP is corroding social values. Instead of doing something positive to stop the bad things the STOMPer see, he decides to take a photo of it.
    It's legitimizing Singapore's whiny, complain-centric culture.

I think the Stomp is a good idea but the way they implement is the problem. Some complains are ok for public awareness but some are somehow overboard. I guess is the responsibility of the stomper and the guys at stomp.

I dont stomp personally.
    PhOTO-TOYz (Under Construction)
    flickr

since digital cams are getting cheaper, too many ppl have cams with them, so if they see any funny thing, they snap a pic then send to stomp without thinking about the after effects...
    there's even a anti-stomper website being set up.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    It's legitimizing Singapore's whiny, complain-centric culture.
    You sir, have hit the nail right on the head.

My own less-elegant opinion would be: STOMP is for stupid people.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Stomp is for sph to make money out of ordinary exclusive news for free. Simply put, they get leads for news storeys that they would otherwise have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    Stomp is for sph to make money out of ordinary exclusive news for free. Simply put, they get leads for news storeys that they would otherwise have to pay.
    What kind of stories are this? Are they relevant? Ok, for those involved into an accident it really matters but how much does it matter for the rest of population, even those living next door? A lot of noise is created about little inane things with a half-life of a kopi'o.

STOMP just make Singaporeans looks like spoilt brat who just know how to kao peh kao mu...... Look at the things they post! I think the place sucks and the guideline on posting is simply atrocious and that any kind of articles can be approved for posting...... worst place to be and to be involve..... craps place!!
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|