Thread: Photo Marathon

Default Photo Marathon

For those guys going out for the Photo Marathon tomorrow.... GOOD LUCK!!! And i hope the weather will be kind to you. Do post your experiences when it's over?

Lightbulb Experience at marathon

There were three assignments with one theme each. They were feelings, colours of life and lastly, city of lights. For each theme, we were given 3 hours.They were certainly challenging. However, the weather was kind to us. No rain. One bonus was for each participating member one was given a photograhper's jacket with 'Canon' embroiled at the back. Talking about getting back advertising dollars.

The top prize went to a young female photographer. Her winning shot was of a moving escalator with passengers. I believe it was on a tripod. The judges were Ken Cheong and John Cosgrove and Grace Chng.

That young lady happens to be Coolcat. Very colourful escalator and very special-angle shot for the city lights.

CONGRATS to Coolcat.
    Last edited by yowch; 21st October 2003 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks guys!

I'm not exactly young. Not when I'm married with 2 kids.

congrats coolcat. I was sitting in the front row and cheering you on as you received both the assignment and grand prizes.

Although I didn't win anything, it was great fun especially the viewing of all the photographers' pictures during the slideshow.

Well done SFHuang, your pictures were well researched and a joy to view,
    like many of the participants you thought your assignment through well and
    took great pictures, sadly there can only be one winner.
    I hope you and all the Canon/CompTimes photo marathoners keep up their
    high standards of work and we look forward to another event in the future.
    johnc - one of the six judges.

Hi John. I was so excited that I forgot to thank you then. A big Thank You to you and the rest of the judges. The organisers did a great job too. The whole event was so well-organised and well-executed! I look forward to other events like this!

Hi SFH. Thank you very much for your support. Actually I couldn't have done it without the help of my friend Kok Leong. He was with me the whole of Saturday as my chauffeur-porter-advisor. So as a token of my gratitude I gave him the EOS300D

Lily

Deregistered

coolcat: I've seen your shots, pretty impressive, congratulations

Thumbs up

Congrats coolcat on winning the competition! Your entry for the "Colours of Life" theme is my fav of the three and simply brilliant. Well done.

any links to website to view the photos?

http://www.photomarathon.com.sg/ has all the winners etc

whoa... coolcat is an experienced film user leh... kudos to you for your very interesting shot for the photomarathon! looks like the canon jacket was really a bonus and a neat door gift for all participants. happening man!!! i think pretty soon, there'll be pple who'll be selling it off at $50 on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by travelshooter
    http://www.photomarathon.com.sg/ has all the winners etc
    Thanks for the link John! The event was truly memorable for me, even more so when I look at the winning pictures again!

enjoyed the slides show that nite

very creative and interesting

Congrats to coolcat too