View Poll Results: which photo editing software do you use?

Voters
809. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lightroom2

287 35.48%
  • Adobe Photoshop

502 62.05%
  • Aperture2 (mac users)

71 8.78%
  • Picasa

89 11.00%
  • Iphoto (mac users)

36 4.45%
  • others, please state

113 13.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: which photo editing programme do you use?

Default Re: which photo editing programme do you use?

just got photoshop elements 7.0 .. .though still a noob in pp, found its interface cool~* cant wait to really edit some stuff =)

Capture ONE Pro 4.81.

its hyperthreading enabled - meaning that it converts from RAW to JPEG exceptionally quickly
    its made by the same guys that bring us those 50 grand digital medium format backs
    it has a beautifully simple and easy to customize post processing format
    it has excellent sharpening algorithms to fully recognize the sharpness of good prime lenses
    it has tremendous custom color profile flexibility
    white balance adjustments actually go below 2000 kelvin
    the ability to use "styles" on it is rather similar to Lightroom's develop presets

of course, I do miss a few things on it - like the "healing brush" in lightroom, and the ability to put in digital neutral density filters as well.

for the most part, I'm a simple person, so there's very little post processing of my pictures that goes on - I have photoshop but hardly use it, iPhoto is sweet when it comes to sharing pictures on screen with friends, and apple aperture doesn't really output images of that high an image quality as C1Pro does. Canon DPP's conversion is probably the best, but its awfully slow and has a horrific interface. Lightroom is a great all in one program for arranging, cataloging, processing files and has great noise reduction algorithms, yet, I feel that capture one delivers the best out of the light box images for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhites View Post
    I like lightroom. easy peasy. But i dont know how to save the pic lols?
    the edits that you make on the files are saved with the lightroom catalog as a form of metadata already. use the "export" function under "file" if you want to create files (TIFF, JPEG) with the edits locked in.

Picture Window Pro

Too used to photoshop

GIMP for now.. may go for LR..

Started with GIMP. now using adobe photoshop.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by slacker123 View Post
    Capture ONE Pro 4.81.

...and apple aperture doesn't really output images of that high an image quality as C1Pro does.
    That's a big call. And I think the quality of the output image depends more on the input image and the post-processing (with whatever software) skills of the photographer. Many professional photographers use Aperture and get amazing results. I'm pretty sure they'd switch to something else if Aperture didn't give them optimum output quality.

Of course, there are also many professional photographers using Lightroom or C1Pro or ... that are getting great quality. I really don't think one is better than the other when it comes to that. You can compare features, speed, workflow, etc., and should base your decision on that.

If you get better results with C1Pro I'd suggest it's because you know that software much better than the others.

any recommended software for image sorting by f/, focus length, iso, etc based on details captured inexif ?
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Lightroom 2 would have been so col but I use Picasa

Quote Originally Posted by krissears View Post
    Lightroom 2 would have been so col but I use Picasa
    i like picassa cos it's fast...but need photoshop for it's curves, burn and dodge...if picassa 3 got those, i'll throw ps away liao

I have read through all 4 pages in this thread. Noticed that most go into PhotoShop or Adobe which is very understandable. As a Mac user, I am contemplating buying the Aperture 2. I would really appreciate comments on Aperture 2 from both Mac and non-Mac users. Thank you.

I'm currently using Corel Paintshop Pro X2 Ultimate. It can read RAW, merge HDR & do other photoediting stuff juz like Photoshop but simpler...

Is the Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 available in shops or only online?

The price guide in Photography Monthly is 80 pounds, anyone knows how much is it here?

I solely use DPP (Free) and Photoshop CS*

Anyone tries Picasa 3? Seems very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rskC6c_5L1M

Nikon Capture NX.

Hi, I use JPEG Fine, 12MP and Optimal quality for outdoor shooting for own use. For art and publication I can use Raw with NX nikon software instead of other types as they differ
    slightly in detail and colour from nikon software. I don't use any editing software for website loading, merely JPEG basic compression for image quality.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Is the Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 available in shops or only online?

The price guide in Photography Monthly is 80 pounds, anyone knows how much is it here?
    X2 is available. I spent some time looking for it too. But in the end bought the download becos the Ultimate edition is not available. If you are not going for Ultimate edition then you can buy the physical copy here. I saw it at Challenger. There were one or copies on shelf. It is not easy to find. I had to ask the sale staff to locate it. It was going for like $99 at that time. (Jan'09).

I use Photoshop Elements - V5 on my PC desktop and V6 on my Mac. The latest version (V7) is cool but I will wait until a Mac version comes out and when I replace my PC with an iMac or MacPro.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast