Thread: Wide Eyes

Default Wide Eyes

Hi,
    Just got down to scanning my recent panaromics. I hope it would be interesting for you guys. Please feedback on my work. Thanks.

There's more here:
    My FujiFilm TX-1 Gallery --- "Wide Eyes"

they are pretty good...

I quite like "Love Blurs Vision" and "Pretty Stripes"...

one question... how did you scan the panoramic slides? They appeared soft to me. In fact, all your pictures are!

nice.. I love the sats.... and the little vignetting that made the shots stood out very much.. the intepretation of On the FENCE had me laughing ...

thanks for your very kind comments. i dun own a film scanner. can't afford one yet. so i just scanned by super 8R prints.

happy viewing

Quote Originally Posted by JermsDayOut
    thanks for your very kind comments. i dun own a film scanner. can't afford one yet. so i just scanned by super 8R prints.

happy viewing
    oh, if you can afford a TX-1, I don't see why you can't fork out on a film scanner.

You scanned your pics from super 8R prints? hmmm, it must have cost you quite a bit to print from a panoramic slide/negative.

Last I was quoted $10 plus minus to print one panoramic slide and so 20 frames (out of the 36 Exposure Slide) will cost $200!

Anyway, I scan and print my own...

i was quoted $7 per print at Stanley Photos at MidLink Plaza... think it's around middle road. Yep it did cost me alot to print my photos. not all of them are uploaded onto my clubsnap gallery.

anyway, don't wanna invest into a film scanner cos i don't see the need for it...YET. saving for a 10D actually..

Hey, you took away your panaromic stuff from your gallery... last i saw your gallery was when i was scouting around for hasselblad examples for my assesment of which body to get. put it up Jas!!! they were great!

You scan and print your own means you have your own dark room? coooool!!!

Finally... The shots that i was hearing so much about...

Niiicccceeee.... Some of your pictures have the LOMO feel

Keep it comin.

tert

i was quoted $7 per print at Stanley Photos at MidLink Plaza... think it's around middle road. Yep it did cost me alot to print my photos. not all of them are uploaded onto my clubsnap gallery.
    I see... not very economical ehh

anyway, don't wanna invest into a film scanner cos i don't see the need for it...YET. saving for a 10D actually..
    Well, the money you splashed into printing your pano slides should be converted to buying a scanner instead. I cannot imagine printing 2 to 3 rolls of pano slide.

$7 per print.
    1 roll or 20 prints - $140
    3 rolls - $420

See, you can buy a scanner already!

Hey, you took away your panaromic stuff from your gallery... last i saw your gallery was when i was scouting around for hasselblad examples for my assesment of which body to get. put it up Jas!!! they were great!
    yeee... I don't have much pano pics there actually, have not got time to "Go Out & See Wide" or scan my old pano slides. * LAZY *

So, I have shut my pano gallery down till further notice ...

You scan and print your own means you have your own dark room? coooool!!!
    No, it is a digital dark room. The last time I meddle with darkroom chemicals was few years ago. The smell was awful, they cleared my nose almost instantaneously! Not cool at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by tert
    Finally... The shots that i was hearing so much about...

Niiicccceeee.... Some of your pictures have the LOMO feel

Keep it comin.

tert
    huh? issit??? i din hear anything much leh... think it was an over excitement kind of thing from stanley lor... you know how they are

thanks for the nice comments man... still got damn alot to learn from you lor... tink someone also tell me that when your first wedding shots came out from film, pple were also "waaaahhh-ing" their way to the shop leh... hehheh...

huh? issit??? i din hear anything much leh... think it was an over excitement kind of thing from stanley lor... you know how they are

thanks for the nice comments man... still got damn alot to learn from you lor... tink someone also tell me that when your first wedding shots came out from film, pple were also "waaaahhh-ing" their way to the shop leh... hehheh...
    it was "waaahhh" alrite but its "waaahhh-biaaanng-ehhh, why so lousy!#$%@?"

tert