Thread: Job Openings > Perm, Contract or Part-Time

Smile Job Openings > Perm, Contract or Part-Time

Anyone knows of a JOB OPENING in your workplace or hear from friends recently, please post here.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Default Re: Job Openings > Perm, Contract or Part-Time

CATS RECRUIT has lots
    eat. drink. shoot

My "sources" within the Singapore Government have informed me that the Civil Service is currently only employing people on a contractual basis.
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

correct info...and the person must have minimum Polytechnic Diploma...note Polytechnic....if u MDIS...forget it....I kenna rejected so I know...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    My "sources" within the Singapore Government have informed me that the Civil Service is currently only employing people on a contractual basis.
    Yup, the last i heard was based on 2 years renewal policy.
    That was few years back when my wife was working at MOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    ya, look thru the LTA opening, it always stated that new posting only on contractual basis. wonder what happen when the project completes..

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    correct info...and the person must have minimum Polytechnic Diploma...note Polytechnic....if u MDIS...forget it....I kenna rejected so I know...
    sorry to hear that, ya, they need to do some damage control, else subsidized local poly grad will be jobless with so many private school vying for a job...

chicken and egg problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    Not missing out on anything if u were rejected by MDIS. It's not that great.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    ya, look thru the LTA opening, it always stated that new posting only on contractual basis. wonder what happen when the project completes..
    times are really bad.....

But I reckon that the jobless out there will still take up the employment contract for a few months rather than be unemployed till 2010 next year.

Some of my friends in the HR recruiting line have also told me that even fresh Uni grads are currently taking up clerical positions for the time being. For those diploma/A level/O level holders, this makes it even tougher to find a clerical job!

Reminds me of the situation during the Tokyo depression whereby waiters and cab drivers were university grads.
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

anybody knows what are the benefits for a govt contract job? got bonus & annual leave?

To add-on.....

For Govt job, diploma holder must have average B results.

Degree holder must have at least honours.

(Unless you got specialize skill or experience that is required for specific job)

Source for IDA. They are hiring and still looking for ppl to fill up LOTS of opening. Hurry there and take a look. Happy hunting.

My ex-colleague just asked me if I knew anyone who's interested in working in the hotel line actually. I don't know what position, but gotta warn you that it's likely to be a pretty crap job, low pay and long hours, but if you're really that desperate, can PM me for the contact details.