Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 107

Thread: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    below is my irritating experience from personal couple of few days back



    i cant help it but to share this distasteful story of someone here on cs.

    i had offered to buy a 1735 on the buy sell section of personal classified which on that very night recieved a call from someone.

    very quickly and readily to say that he got his lens for free as it was a gift from his father's friend who own alan photo la etcetc..fair enough and stating the lens is 2.5mths old ok sure i'll get it i mentioned.

    so chat abit and so i ask where would be convenient to deal, and so it began..oh i stay at XXX but actually anywhere also can i can ask my driver to fetch me there, i study at acs i (so??? i am buying a lens not enrolling a kid).

    went on to talk abit more about what lens i usually mount on it, what is my camera..of which i replied 50mm. so i was induced to share more..1.8 or 1.4, whatever. 1.4. on what body? d700...oh so i see...so goes on to talk about his own..i have a d3 and i usually go out with it bringing with me my 85 1.4 but i always have my leica with me. leica lens are blah blah blah blah blah blah wtf blah blah...oh ok oh ok i get it (why would i want to know). he likes mf too...

    my dad will buy this for me that for me wadeva la...(SO???? )

    so he ask, do you shoot professionally? no i dont im a hobbyist so he replied, ic maybe i need a second photographer for event etc and i shoot professionally for bakerzin, breadtalk and coca cola blah blah blah blah wtf blah blah (i dowan to know, i wan to buy my freaking lens!!!)

    then cutting off after abit of my reluctant acknowledgements he said he gtg will get back to me after 10mins of which i smsed and no reply, called to a number not in use. no reply from pm anyway.

    what a Manual Focus

    i just want to buy a lens but he makes a good salesman selling his wealth more than anything else. if i were just a medium to vent his air on i must be so damn suay

    i should have known better that he uses a nikon, hits the f5 refresh key and claim he's a pro.

    pissed.

  2. #2
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Hahaha i love the new term MANUAL FOCUS

    Chill out bro. Have a kit kat

  3. #3
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Chill out, kids nowadays... haiz

  4. #4
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Don't let a 5 minute issue ruin your emotional bank account of 23 hours 55 minutes.

  5. #5
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    my sympathies... I saw the other thread that the moddie closed lol.
    ( http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483911 )
    I do wonder who's the kid behind the username.
    From what I gather he's been blowing his trumpet at quite a few members on cs... giving false offers and showing off...
    I do have a simple question though...
    Has anybody reported his antics to a moddie?
    He deserves to be banned imho...
    Last edited by tainted; 5th March 2009 at 08:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    wa Hao Lian Kia
    only wan to show off

  7. #7

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    what a Manual Focus
    You got my sympathy. Indeed a Moron Focus that guy was

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Don't let a 5 minute issue ruin your emotional bank account of 23 hours 55 minutes.
    that shldnt be happening man thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    my sympathies... I saw the other thread that the moddie closed lol.
    ( http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483911 )
    I do wonder who's the kid behind the username.
    From what I gather he's been blowing his trumpet at quite a few members on cs... giving false offers and showing off...
    I do have a simple question though...
    Has anybody reported his antics to a moddie?
    He deserves to be banned imho...
    claimed to be matthew..matthew the trumpeter i think

    Quote Originally Posted by kkgoxplore View Post
    You got my sympathy. Indeed a Moron Focus that guy was
    not justified, cos not enough.

  9. #9
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    i say find him and hang him by his toes.

  10. #10
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    wow good link tainted, seems to be all from the same guy, buyers n sellers beware!

  11. #11
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Apparrently, he has been around for a while and complaints are many regarding what he has done.

    He has also offered jobs for nature photogs and fashion shoots.

    Think his M.O is to trawl the Personal Classifieds and look for unsuspecting victims.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Hahaha i love the new term MANUAL FOCUS

    Chill out bro. Have a kit kat
    Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    Chill out, kids nowadays... haiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    wa Hao Lian Kia
    only wan to show off


    *shaking head in disappointment man!

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    i say find him and hang him by his toes.
    toes or toe?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    Apparrently, he has been around for a while and complaints are many regarding what he has done.

    He has also offered jobs for nature photogs and fashion shoots.

    Think his M.O is to trawl the Personal Classifieds and look for unsuspecting victims.
    he might be attending some toastmaster classes learning how to speak to pple, maybe step 1 is to speak confidently, virtually.

  14. #14
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    *shaking head in disappointment man!
    toes or toe?
    ALL his toes!
    or you wanna try hang him by his fingers since its the one that typed the deed... or his lips for blowing the trumpet?
    heck just hang him by his brains since he thought up of all this crap....

  15. #15
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    he might be attending some toastmaster classes learning how to speak to pple, maybe step 1 is to speak confidently, virtually.
    Without seeing the face, anyone can speak confidently. But what he is doing here is 'prank-calling'.

    Anyway he is online now FYI.

  16. #16

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    aiya, don't let him ruin your day luh

    anyways, i won't take what he says at face value, seems more like a troll out to create trouble

  17. #17
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    found this post somewhere in our forum

    Quote Originally Posted by **********
    Got a good guy to recommend.
    If you need his contact PM me.
    I can also help you if you want and do it just if you can cover my transport cost.
    I shoot on film so i can only show you in portfolio when we meet.
    For weddings, i shoot with D3, Nikkor 24-70, Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 and also probably Nikkor 17-35 with the SB-900.
    P/S: I am still studying if you are worried

    just hope TS didn't PM him for recommendation or worst, engage him for the shoot...

    cos he is shooting not with cameras, is using his mouth only.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  18. #18
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    This is definitely a red flag to warn CS members about a potential buyer who is not correctly wired.

    Unfortunately the thread was closed quickly.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483911

    Thanks for the link.

  19. #19

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    he shoots nature photography with a leica m6.

    super pro

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: i am 17 and i have a big trumpet.

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    ALL his toes!
    or you wanna try hang him by his fingers since its the one that typed the deed... or his lips for blowing the trumpet?
    heck just hang him by his brains since he thought up of all this crap....
    a toe alone would have more weight bearing on it wad..by the tongue perhaps but i'll leave any corporal punishment limited to your creativity haha

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    Without seeing the face, anyone can speak confidently. But what he is doing here is 'prank-calling'.

    Anyway he is online now FYI.
    he has a good script to fall back on

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    aiya, don't let him ruin your day luh

    anyways, i won't take what he says at face value, seems more like a troll out to create trouble
    np man understand all that's happening, we all do dont we, except him.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    found this post somewhere in our forum




    just hope TS didn't PM him for recommendation or worst, engage him for the shoot...

    cos he is shooting not with cameras, is using his mouth only.
    shooting with his mouth, thats very true! his loads of air is quite repulsive for me already no worries man, thanks catchlights

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    This is definitely a red flag to warn CS members about a potential buyer who is not correctly wired.

    Unfortunately the thread was closed quickly.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483911

    Thanks for the link.
    heads up for tainted who posted it too

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •