Thread: Good tripod.

Default Good tripod.

Hi there,i'm looking for a tripod.Sturdy enough to hold lets say a 50D with grip and a 70-200 lens attached.Im looking for one in the 150ish region.Nothing fancy.Just something to bring around for night photography or shoots.Kindly state where i can find them too.Cheers!

Default Re: Good tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by Duinchlfc View Post
    Hi there,i'm looking for a tripod.Sturdy enough to hold lets say a 50D with grip and a 70-200 lens attached.Im looking for one in the 150ish region.Nothing fancy.Just something to bring around for night photography or shoots.Kindly state where i can find them too.Cheers!
    Wow, with 70-200 lens, and in $150, is almost impossible.... Try benro, A300EX, not sure can withstand the total weight or not....

Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Wow, with 70-200 lens, and in $150, is almost impossible.... Try benro, A300EX, not sure can withstand the total weight or not....
    Possible. Can also try Manfrotto's 190 non-Pro series.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

how heavy you need the legs to support? can look at this old school tripod http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450021

default head handles 2kg easily but the legs look like its designed for much much heavier loads.

tradeoff for being cheap and yet solid is the weight. carry this thing around is like carrying a SAR 21.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Can try this : http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433241

Holds my 70-200 + 400D + Grip + 580EXII well enough when tightened well. However, I'd advise you not to skimp on tripods unless you wanna spend more eventually if you take your photography to another level.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr