16th October 2003, 09:34 PM
Phase One launches C1 REBEL for Canon 300D
from the same company that introduced CaptureOne DSLR workflow software to the photographic world...
C1 REBEL™ RAW Workflow V1.0 for Windows
"Phase One, the world leader in professional digital imaging camera backs and image-processing software, is pleased to announce the official release of their C1 REBEL™ RAW Workflow V1.0 for Windows. This latest
version in the C1 DSLR line of RAW Workflow Software supports the Canon 300D REBEL™ Digital SLR exclusively, and will be available at an introductory price of $29. As of November 15th the price will be $49."
Some Key features of C1 REBEL™ Software:
- Fully color-managed camera profiles included; third-party profiles supported
- Select conversion settings for each image, or apply a setting to selected images
- Thumbnail browser – thumbnails reflect current conversion settings
- Real-time preview of conversion settings
- Conversion settings for all image files are saved between sessions
- Batch or individual image conversion
- Background conversion allows editing process to continue while batch converting (max. 20 image files)
- Rapid proofing to JPEG or TIFF with image conversion settings applied (approx. 3 seconds per image)
- Interactive Cropping Tool
- Exposure compensation (+/- 2.5 EV)
- Levels and Curves adjustments (with new fine adjustment mode)
- Sharpening adjustments with interactive full-size preview
- etc, etc.
"C1 REBEL™ is available for download and purchase from www.c1dslr.com and www.pictureflow.com. The download will run in evaluation mode with no limitations for a 15-day free trial period.
A future release of C1 REBEL™ V2.0 will include support for the popular Canon Powershot™ “Point & Shoot“ cameras that support the RAW image format and will be a free upgrade to all registered users of C1 REBEL™ V1.0. In addition, C1 PRO™ (Win/Mac) will offer 300D support in soon to be released free-of-charge upgrades for registered users."
For more info, visit www.phaseone.com
17th October 2003, 12:01 PM
At US$ 29, it is a great piece of software at a great price. However, note that it is only for CRW (aka RAW) files processing only.