Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture from Canon A40

Originally posted by weeguy
    arghz... if u guys still remember... mi was the 1st guy here ta get the A40... aniwaez, suay suay i got it onli 2 daes b4 i kena posted to ocs... sianz... haf to be confined camp fer the 1st 3 weeks... end up not being able to use my A40 at all... sighz... lucky todae can book out fer some personal reasons... can finally steal a peek at my a40 again... but booking in again tonite... bleahz...

aniwaez, glad to see so many pple getting the a40... heez... shall be posting some new pics this weekend... maybe of safti mi... bwahahaz...
    Weeguy ah.....how come ur avatar same as Mr. Copland leh??? A bit confusing if didn't take note of zee name....

BTW, u sold off ur Nikon CoolPix 775???

Originally posted by Jayan

Weeguy ah.....how come ur avatar same as Mr. Copland leh??? A bit confusing if didn't take note of zee name....

BTW, u sold off ur Nikon CoolPix 775???
    Actually hor, I was the one that copied his avatar. I already asked his permission. Anyway, think I shall remove mine to avoid confusion. Hmm, what shall I use nexy

Originally posted by Baby_Maro
    Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here. Got my A40 as a gift from my bf who has a G2. Hope to post some of my pictures here in the future. Andz...sorry to break the trend now...me not staying in Bishan.
    let me guess, your bf is vivre?

Originally posted by copland

Double the guess I bet his Vivre too

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here. Got my A40 as a gift from my bf who has a G2. Hope to post some of my pictures here in the future. Andz...sorry to break the trend now...me not staying in Bishan.
    you need camera case? see here

Do u guys know how to program your name into the camera? I couldn't find the instructions in the manual.

Originally posted by Blitz

Originally posted by dbchoong
    Do u guys know how to program your name into the camera? I couldn't find the instructions in the manual.

Think you can do it with the Zoombrowzer software that is included in the box. I have not done it myself.

Baby_Maro
    Guests

What makes you so sure and why did you think so?

Baby_Maro
    Guests

Originally posted by PsychoBoy

you need camera case? see here

I have a case liao. Plus, everyone here so smart, already know my bf is vivre without me saying...he sure will get it for me one mah. Hehe. Thanks for the thought anyway.

Originally posted by dbchoong

Wa A40 can let you program the name inside the cam? Cool sia...

Wa A40 can let you program the name inside the cam? Cool sia...
    Not as cool as it sounds. I think its just adding the owner's name into the EXIF info.

I have a case liao. Plus, everyone here so smart, already know my bf is vivre without me saying...he sure will get it for me one mah. Hehe. Thanks for the thought anyway.
    Its noit vivre's fault. We just smart la .

BTW, cute avatar. I am still looking for one.

Not as cool as it sounds. I think its just adding the owner's name into the EXIF info.
    That's already cool enuff hee

Yeah somehow, we just know lah heh heh

Baby_Maro
    Guests

I also think the avatar is cute. Copyright belonging to vivre cos he made this avatar for me...which is why he recognised me right away. You can also create your own avatar mah...then it'll be original and belong only to you. Just like my avatar. Hehe.

Baby_Maro
    Guests

Yeah somehow, we just know lah heh heh

Yah lah...lucky guess...no fun liao lah.

I also think the avatar is cute. Copyright belonging to vivre cos he made this avatar for me...which is why he recognised me right away. You can also create your own avatar mah...then it'll be original and belong only to you. Just like my avatar. Hehe.
    when it comes to computer graphics manipulation, i know totally nuts.

Anyway, back to topic, we look forward to seeing pictures taken by you on the A40. Welcome to the club.

Baby_Maro
    Guests

when it comes to computer graphics manipulation, i know totally nuts.

Anyway, back to topic, we look forward to seeing pictures taken by you on the A40. Welcome to the club.

Well...you're not alone. Though vivre has shown me how to do it, I still dunno how to make my own graphics. I used to be computer idiot too. But no choice lah...bf like computer so much...always go Sim Lim with him...also kana influenced by him abit lah. At least now my computer knowlegde better than some of my gal friends. Hehe.
    Actually one of the pictures vivre post...the one at Clarke Quay...was taken my me. Hehe. Didn't know how to post picture yet and didn't wanna register as a member at that time so I ask him to post if he thinks it's nice enough to post it here.
    Should be going out during the weekend to take pictures...hope to take a few nice ones so that I can post it here.

You can set the owner's name using ZoomBrowser. Click on Setup button. I think the name is saved somewhere in the camera.

All A40 owners, I highly recommend you guys to get the 52mm lens adapter.

I got one recently from misato and today, had a "digicam shootout" against a Canon S40.

Of course, the S40 produced sharper pictures than the A40 (without lens adapter).

But when I used a Hoya UV filter on my A40, the results were surprising!! The A40 produced pictures that not only matched the S40, it even beat the S40. I never thought a cheap UV filter can improve pictures so dramatically.

I'll try to post some pics from both cameras for u guys to see later.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast