Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture from Canon A40

i think it is about the same...I could get pretty decent macro shots with the A20. Since the min. focussing distance is the same, their macro prowess should be similar too.

Originally posted by Tweek
    i think it is about the same...I could get pretty decent macro shots with the A20. Since the min. focussing distance is the same, their macro prowess should be similar too.
    u sure ? cause like the previous discussion some of the user find the A20/A40 hard to focus in macro mode. Well, maybe they get too close to the object... I tried before with my A20 last time and didn't get very good macro mode.

Originally posted by cwloo

u sure ? cause like the previous discussion some of the user find the A20/A40 hard to focus in macro mode. Well, maybe they get too close to the object... I tried before with my A20 last time and didn't get very good macro mode.
    the focus problem, yep, existed in the A20, that's part of the reason why I sold it and changed digicam. The AiAF algorithm is a bit quirky sometimes. Also like you said, the minimum focus distance of 16cm is a bit long, so my natural tendency was to try to go closer, resulting in an off-focus. But after getting used to it, I managed to get some pretty decent macros too. Like this one below:

Originally posted by vivre
    Macro Shot of A Slice of Lemon taken using the A40:

I will have to say this is a good shot, captures the mood very well....topic maybe "Tequilla Sunrise"?

Dpreview posted the Colour Patches & Resolution Chart on the A40, Ixus 330. It is located in the buyer guide and side by side comparision.

If you compare it with the A20 chart, u can see that it improve a lot in dark colour as well as less noise in the photo. Also, the files size also seem to decrease a lot (improvement in jpg compression ?)

Originally posted by copland

Do you know whether if you add a polariser, the sky will look bluer?
    Sorry huh, a bit off topic. Here are 2 samples showing the effect of using a polariser. Both photos are taken at around the same time, same scene, and not adjusted digitally at all.

Without Polariser:

With Polariser:

The blue of the sky is enhanced, while the blocks of flats still maintain roughly the same colours.

Thanks Tweek for the sample pics. Guess the following are on my shopping list :

Lens Adaptor
    +4 close-up filter
    circular polarizer
    teleconvertor (if I can spare the cash)

Another Night Shot - Clarke Quay:

Another Night Shot - Clarke Quay:

Vivre, can post the setting for this shot? Thanks!

Originally posted by Blitz

Vivre, can post the setting for this shot? Thanks!
    Shutter: 1.6 secs
    Aperture: F3.5
    ISO: 50

Taken without tripod, but with camera rested on the ledge of the bridge I'm on, and with shot taking activated by timer.

Originally posted by copland
    Thanks Tweek for the sample pics. Guess the following are on my shopping list :

Lens Adaptor
    +4 close-up filter
    circular polarizer
    teleconvertor (if I can spare the cash)
    You should also get a UV Filter... and/or a Skylight Filter.

You should also get a UV Filter... and/or a Skylight Filter.
    Just a question here. For the A40, where are to spec to look out for when buying lense and filter for its lense attachment?

Also, 52mm refers to thread size or is it refering to something else? If its thread size, what does thread size mean? the size of the attachment head?

Originally posted by misato

Just a question here. For the A40, where are to spec to look out for when buying lense and filter for its lense attachment?

Also, 52mm refers to thread size or is it refering to something else? If its thread size, what does thread size mean? the size of the attachment head?
    Its the diameter of the lens/filter.

hmm the clarke quay pic looks damm glaring from the lights leh
    how come 1.6sec only so bright?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    hmm the clarke quay pic looks damm glaring from the lights leh
    how come 1.6sec only so bright?
    It likely due to the fact that the camera is physically closer to the light sources and that area is rather well lit in the night(dim but not dark). Thus a shorter exposure would be enough.
    Last edited by misato; 20th April 2002 at 12:50 PM.

hmm i tink the surroundings are rather dark and the light source is damm bright?

Originally posted by misato

up. I am interested to know too.

evening in clarke quay

original view here

A shot taken in the night. Over exposed it to bring out the color of the shot.

Original Image here

misato, nice shots and also the night shot you posted. I really wants to go out and get some taken myself. too bad I have not had the time to do that yet. anyway here is a shot I took just now .... my dinner...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast