Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture from Canon A40

Originally posted by misato

Just wondering if my exposure is right a not. My pictures seems a tab too dark for my personal point of view.
    Did you take the shot near sunset? If yes, maybe thats exactly how it looks at that time. If not then its definitely underexposed.

Do you know whether if you add a polariser, the sky will look bluer?

Originally posted by copland

Did you take the shot near sunset? If yes, maybe thats exactly how it looks at that time. If not then its definitely underexposed.

Do you know whether if you add a polariser, the sky will look bluer?

Yup.. the shots were done in evening time.. not to mention the fact that the sky had just cleared after a raining 30minutes back.

Thanks for the polariser tip. But i'm feeling sad now as i'm unable to get the lense attachment for my A40.. so no polariser, no +4 filter.. no telezoom and wide angle for me

Yup.. the shots were done in evening time.. not to mention the fact that the sky had just cleared after a raining 30minutes back.

Thanks for the polariser tip. But i'm feeling sad now as i'm unable to get the lense attachment for my A40.. so no polariser, no +4 filter.. no telezoom and wide angle for me
    Polariser tip? It wasn't a tip, it was a question whether using a polarizer will improve the shot. Not sure cos I still newbie. Are you confirming my qn?

p.s. So I guess the SEED was a disappointment for A40 users? Did they say when the lens adaptor will be available?

Polariser tip? It wasn't a tip, it was a question whether using a polarizer will improve the shot. Not sure cos I still newbie. Are you confirming my qn?

p.s. So I guess the SEED was a disappointment for A40 users? Did they say when the lens adaptor will be available?
    Qn? not sure which one.. but when i ask CP and AP yesterday when moving from SLS to funan.. both stores are unable to give any date for the item.

Qn? not sure which one..
    Will use of a polarisor make the sky look better in the shot?

Will use of a polarisor make the sky look better in the shot?
    nope.. but from my understanding of optics.. polarisor should have an effect of making the light clearer.
    Last edited by misato; 18th April 2002 at 01:52 PM.

Missed this picture yesterday.

Caption: Mid town Oasis

Original Image Here

hi misato, i am able to read the exif now

Originally posted by hong
    hi misato, i am able to read the exif now
    I used canon own software suit to extract the pictures directly.. instead of passing the image to photoshop. Thus the exif data is retained. I though i have posted it over at hardwarezone forum?

hi all .. may I know where your A40 made in ? japan ? Malaysia ?

oly
    Guests

Just wondering if my exposure is right a not. My pictures seems a tab too dark for my personal point of view.
    do seems a bit too dark

The A40 I saw at a shop near my office states Made In Japan at the bottom. I believe everyone same, isn't it?

Originally posted by cwloo
    hi all .. may I know where your A40 made in ? japan ? Malaysia ?
    :

Originally posted by dbchoong
    The A40 I saw at a shop near my office states Made In Japan at the bottom. I believe everyone same, isn't it?

:
    Mine is made in Japan. Think those sold in Singapore are Made in Japan.

:
    yah...I think the A40s in the Euro and US market are made in MY, whereas Asia from Japan.

just did a picture or some fruit. not so beautiful but the picture came out really sharp. btw, my set is made in Japan too.

Macro Shot of A Slice of Lemon taken using the A40:

:

Some are made in Malaysia

Funny.. Singapore/Aust/HK near to Msia but their a40 made in Japan, US EU all make in MSia..

maybe the exchange rate?

nope.. but from my understanding of optics.. polarisor should have an effect of making the light clearer.
    polariser does make the sky bluer, it has this ability to increase the saturation of certain colours like sky blue, grass green etc.....not a very technical answer but yes increasing colour saturation is one of the traits of a polariser.

I think your exposures are ok for shots in the evening...in any case if you think they are too dark, can always use levels or curves in photoshop to correct to your liking! I almost always tweak the photos I take.

Originally posted by PsychoBoy
    just did a picture or some fruit. not so beautiful but the picture came out really sharp. btw, my set is made in Japan too.
    Good macro shot ... A40 really improve the macro shot compare to A20 ? any A20 to A40 user can confirm that ?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast