Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture from Canon A40

Copland:

Nice shots u got there, really shows the capability of the camera. Actually I will prefer if u show the sample pics like what u're doing now without any add-ons/filters, so we can know how well the camera perform in the first place

AND OMG! The night shots are pretty (cut the fact without a tripod) @#%$@#%@ If this cam came out earlier I would have got this....oh well Anyway I'm still having fun with my C2040Z.....

From your earlier post, you meant that you can adjust Aperture or Shuttle priority using A40? Everything is in Auto?

Thanks for all the sample pics!

BTW, where can I go to shoot pics of viewing the Esplanade from the sea view like ur pic above?

I will like to go there to shoot some photos too!

Originally posted by cwloo
    copland,

Need to find out the noise problem with you ..
    I discovered my A20 develop noise after about 100+ shots during a wedding ..the camera was hot b'cos of intensive use ( & flash)...

Did you experience the same thing with A40 ?
    like the camera heat up after heavy usage ?
    I think a lot of cams will heat up and especially like ur case, 100+ shots?!

From dcresource review, I assume A40 has it's own noise reduction system is it?

Originally posted by Blitz
    Copland:

Nice shots u got there, really shows the capability of the camera. Actually I will prefer if u show the sample pics like what u're doing now without any add-ons/filters, so we can know how well the camera perform in the first place

AND OMG! The night shots are pretty (cut the fact without a tripod) @#%$@#%@ If this cam came out earlier I would have got this....oh well Anyway I'm still having fun with my C2040Z.....

From your earlier post, you meant that you can adjust Aperture or Shuttle priority using A40? Everything is in Auto?

Thanks for all the sample pics!
    Thanks for the encouragement. The C2040z is a better camera. I would have bought it if not for the fact that my wife found it a bit on the bulky side.

There isn't shuttle or aperture priority in A40. You have to guess the right exposure thru trial and error. As for F stops, only 2 settings are available at any time. In some sense, its really manual.

From dcresource review, I assume A40 has it's own noise reduction system is it?
    Yes, the A40 has its built in NR.
    Last edited by copland; 14th April 2002 at 09:02 AM.

BTW, where can I go to shoot pics of viewing the Esplanade from the sea view like ur pic above?

I will like to go there to shoot some photos too!
    Go to One Fullerton and start to go by foot towards City Hall MRT, you will be able to take the shots.

Hi copland guess you need a tripod :P and mi suggestion for night shot is to use a shutter speed of more than 1,3 secs inorder for the NR to come into play. you will be suprise to see that the noise for 2-4 secs shot will be lower than the 1 sec shot

I'm a new user of A40, got mine on friday. Been playing around with it for a while. Here are some of the night picures i took at a high rise around river valley area.

Default wow!!!

Very nice nite shots! It seems A40 is a value for $ camera. btw, how much did u pay it & from which vendor?

Default Re: wow!!!

Originally posted by ultramagnus
    Very nice nite shots! It seems A40 is a value for $ camera. btw, how much did u pay it & from which vendor?
    Try AP. Their price is excellent. If you want to take good nite shots, you should invest in a tripod no less. Tripod also work magic for daytime landscape shots too. Wait till i have time to get a good location for day time landscape shooting session.

Originally posted by misato
    I'm a new user of A40, got mine on friday. Been playing around with it for a while. Here are some of the night picures i took at a high rise around river valley area.

very nice and clear shots. Looking forward to see more pics from you.

Originally posted by hong
    Hi copland guess you need a tripod :P and mi suggestion for night shot is to use a shutter speed of more than 1,3 secs inorder for the NR to come into play. you will be suprise to see that the noise for 2-4 secs shot will be lower than the 1 sec shot
    Thanks for the tip. Some of the shot e.g. the one of Fullerton Hotel was less than a second. If I shoot more than 1.3 sec, then it will be overexposed. If I changed for F8.0, I will probably have to set around 4-5 secs to get the same exposure. Which bring us to your original tip... bring a tripod

Personally, I find that when doing nite shots on A40, the P AE mode work well if the subject is fairly close to you eg 5~50meter.

When using Manual mode, i find that F11 works well with finer results vs F4.8. But when in the F11 mode, exposure time required is 8 seconds or more.. depending on how far the subject and how brightly lit it is.

To select this mode, in case some of us missed it. When in Manual mode, press the [display] button to select the Fx.x, most of the time, you can only chose between 2 model.

PS: for the above tip i just learn it yesterday night (13apr) after i got home and play around with the settings.
    Last edited by misato; 15th April 2002 at 01:39 AM.

hi misato can tell us the settings for the 2 pics??

Originally posted by hong
    hi misato can tell us the settings for the 2 pics??
    I forgotten the finer details.

But what i do remember is that its in Manual mode, F4.8, Exposure to 8~10seconds, landscape mode (mountain icon).

The place where my camera was is totally dark.. so as to avoid stray light.

The below picture is shot at night, using the A40, P AE mode, landscape, flash off. I was around 10meter from the it.

Another A40 P AE, AUTO for all settings if present.

Argh!!! Super tempted to sell my A20 for A40...... How much is C2040Z by the way?

Originally posted by Condor
    Argh!!! Super tempted to sell my A20 for A40...... How much is C2040Z by the way?
    $650 at Alan Photo.

Originally posted by misato

clear shots, but a bit noisy. Still better compared to the olympus series of cameras, but a bit too noisy for a Canon camera. And there a streak of white in the sky part of the second pic, what's that huh?

Originally posted by Tweek

clear shots, but a bit noisy. Still better compared to the olympus series of cameras, but a bit too noisy for a Canon camera. And there a streak of white in the sky part of the second pic, what's that huh?
    My guess that it will be the sport light beam ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast