Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon D1x: Lithium ion EN-4 ? Rebuilding service?

Default Re: Nikon D1x: Lithium ion EN-4 ? Rebuilding service?

Update...

There are different types of 18650 li-ion packs on the market. Ensure to get the high discharge type otherwise the conversion will not be sucessful as insufficient current is released to trip the shutter.

Was using a pair of high discharge 18650 li-ion packs during my initial EN-4 conversion.

Mistakenly bought a pair of standard discharge 18650 li-ion packs last weekend preparing conversion of the EN-4 pack for a friend of mine and found it would not trip the shutter even though it was properly charged.

The problem seems to be the built-in PCB that restricts higher current output.
    Last edited by anuar ahmad; 13th September 2010 at 10:06 PM.

Post Re: Nikon D1x: Lithium ion EN-4 ? Rebuilding service?

Hi All,

I have a nikon d1x and would like to rebuild my old batt as well. I was wondering any of you can provide me some assistance since you have already tried rebuilding your batt?

Also, I have a few queries in mind:

1. What type of Li-on batt should i look for?
    2. Is there any place/shop where I can request for a rebuilding service?
    3. Will the original charger still work with the replaced Li-on?

Also, to save the trouble rebuilding the batt, is there any place where I can buy the rebuilt EN-4 batt? I am not really gd in modifying things so I would rather buy a modified one if it's available.

For those who have rebuilt more than 1 EN-4 batt, are you willing to sell one of them?

Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

It may still be possible to buy third party compatible EN-4 NiMH batteries. Just google around for net suppliers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12