Thread: can u help me with these terms

Default can u help me with these terms

hi, these are taken off canon website. They are canon A70s accessories. So, hope you can teach me what are their uses.
    thanks.

LA DC 52C Conversion Lens Adaptor S$39.00

TCDC 52 Teleconvertor S$169.00

WCDC 52 Wide Convertor S$169.00

Quote Originally Posted by asphyx
    hi, these are taken off canon website. They are canon A70s accessories. So, hope you can teach me what are their uses.
    thanks.

A70>>Conversion Adapter(connector)>> Tele(Zoom) or Wide (wider view in one frame)

Hi,

I assume you have just gotten a new A70?

Let me explain the uses of the accessories that you have listed:

This piece of plastic is used to attach filters or conversion lenses onto the A70. You would need to remove the ring around the lense of your camera to allow the adaptor to be mounted.

This is a teleconvertor, what it does is that when mounted onto the A70, it can magnify you optical zoom by a certain factor. I am not too sure for this piece of hardware, usually around 1.4 - 3 times more. If you mount a 3x converter, you can get 3 x 3 = 9 times optical zoom ~ 300+ mm. But one thing to note... You will start off with 3 x 1 = 3 times optical ~ 100+ mm at full wide angle.

This is a wide angle convertor, it does the opposite of the tele lense. Also not too sure for this lense, usually around 0.7 - 0.3 times. If you mount a 0.7x converter, you can get 0.7 x 1 = 0.7 times optical zoom ~ 28 mm. Some WA requires the camera to be fixed at full wide or if zoom is possible, limited to a smaller range.
    Last edited by Edwin; 16th October 2003 at 04:31 PM.

thanks sk_online & edwin

nope, i dun have a camera. But is goin to buy one so gotta read up, ask around, google search.. then found this great local forum.

ask u guys..
    is "olympus mju300" auto focus speed on par with the new ixus II?
    haven time to go down to the shops to try myself.
    im worried of getting something which might take terribly long to auto focus during the night.
    my sis got a olympus c740 and its auto focusing is terrible.. it takes so long and yet sometimes, it goes out of focus too.

what abt olympus c350? any comments?