Thread: Please Advice

Question Please Advice

Hi! I am a newbie, and have questions on lens..
    I have a F80 Nikon Camera, with a lens of 28-80mm. I would like to get another lens..But do not know whether to go for a 1st or 2nd-hand lens, & not too sure abt the range of focal lengths of lens that I shld get. I think I am looking for Focal length ranging from 90 to 400mm shld be fine...

So could anyone please advice the type of lens that I shld get?.. Thanks! Much appreciated!

I take shots mostly on Landscapes, People... Scenery...

budget? 90-400mm range can be very very ex, depending on what you wanna shoot. e.g. 400mm f/2.8 is around $12k (ok that's a little extreme, but just to show you the range).

if you're going for something budget, i'll suggest the AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED. good range with relatively good glass.

however, if you like landscapes, mabbe a wide angle might serve you better, in which case i'd recommend the AF 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF-ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    budget? 90-400mm range can be very very ex, depending on what you wanna shoot. e.g. 400mm f/2.8 is around $12k (ok that's a little extreme, but just to show you the range).

if you're going for something budget, i'll suggest the AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED. good range with relatively good glass.

however, if you like landscapes, mabbe a wide angle might serve you better, in which case i'd recommend the AF 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF-ED.
    Thanks, Larry.
    Hmm I am considering at your recommendations on the wide angles lens. What would be the cost, and would you recommend a 1st / 2nd hand lens?
    Thanks again!

For something reasonably good and kind to the wallet, u can try the tokina 19-35 and sigma 70-300 apo super. both 300+ new.