Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The Blury beach

  1. #1

    Default The Blury beach



    what is this about:
    A sunset shot, which i converted into black and white. I added gassian blur to the photo too. As the photo wasnt really sharp and too many dark places. I felt the blur made the photo into a better shot. I really like the compositon in this shot - the bird the wheel and the beach nicely place. But i am not sure how others would see this type of blur photos.

    Okie this is a shot that i am not sure how the public would love.
    I personally love this and even printed this out on 4R photo. it kinda looks good.

    but what do you guys this of such kind of blury dreamy photos?
    To me personally it looks ugly when seen any bigger(maybe cos i downsize the file when i saved it). but it looks good on a 4R.

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    Subjectively...you had love everything in the picture.

    The composition, the black n white treatment, the subject element and placements, the effects applied.

    Full score on self evaluation, good work.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 13th March 2009 at 02:32 PM.

  3. #3
    Member vdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong - 上环
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    well i know that I appreciate shots like this..and i like this shot. it gives me a dreamy feel, puts me in a very calm, and relaxed mood. Good job!

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    I very much like the composition of the shot. The lack of absolute sharpness doesn't bother me since primarily, you are capturing the silhouette of the subject. However, I would have preferred more details in the shadow area on the bottom right, though that may not have been your intention, nor may it have been possible under the circumstances.

    Since you personally are satisfied with the capture, you can probably safely say that it's well done. Photographers are probably their own worst critics, no?
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    I very much like the composition of the shot. The lack of absolute sharpness doesn't bother me since primarily, you are capturing the silhouette of the subject. However, I would have preferred more details in the shadow area on the bottom right, though that may not have been your intention, nor may it have been possible under the circumstances.

    Since you personally are satisfied with the capture, you can probably safely say that it's well done. Photographers are probably their own worst critics, no?

    thanks for all the replies. its my first time bluring the whole image. so also abit unsure how to go about it....

    i must say the bottom right is details are lost due to poor exposure by me even in the actual shot.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    i love the picture! blurry pictures dont bother me at all if its at the right situation!
    also i love the composition! keep up the good work! =)

    i believe as long as some1 takes a photo and loves it, thats is the most important as it is a moment in time for them to remember!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City area, SG
    Posts
    373

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    Hi wildsoyabean, i think it is a nicely calming shot, i also love the b&w conversion, but i'm not so sure about the position of the bird being that 'nice', its too high up in the frame, too close to the wheel and too few in numbers for any real impact. I'm also not a fan of heavily blurring the whole photo, i would much prefer something like an orton effect which gives the picture a gentle 'glow' while retaining the edges instead. That's all, i hope it helps

  8. #8
    Member tropiccana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    633

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    somehow...i love this pic....got some feel there...haha

  9. #9
    Member Sispecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    Initially i thought that was someone diving ala superman near the ferris wheel.... But then i found out, its just a bird after all.... haha

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    i love this picture~ no comments. it feels comfortable to look at

  11. #11

    Default Re: The Blury beach

    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    i love this picture~ no comments. it feels comfortable to look at
    Quote Originally Posted by Sispecho View Post
    Initially i thought that was someone diving ala superman near the ferris wheel.... But then i found out, its just a bird after all.... haha
    Quote Originally Posted by tropiccana View Post
    somehow...i love this pic....got some feel there...haha
    Quote Originally Posted by redtealongan View Post
    Hi wildsoyabean, i think it is a nicely calming shot, i also love the b&w conversion, but i'm not so sure about the position of the bird being that 'nice', its too high up in the frame, too close to the wheel and too few in numbers for any real impact. I'm also not a fan of heavily blurring the whole photo, i would much prefer something like an orton effect which gives the picture a gentle 'glow' while retaining the edges instead. That's all, i hope it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by st0pandst4re View Post
    i love the picture! blurry pictures dont bother me at all if its at the right situation!
    also i love the composition! keep up the good work! =)

    i believe as long as some1 takes a photo and loves it, thats is the most important as it is a moment in time for them to remember!
    thanks for the comments. haha...bird position is a matter of luck...unless i edit the bird to somewhere nicer.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •