Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to buy Swiss knife?

Default Re: Where to buy Swiss knife?

Quote Originally Posted by wanglk View Post
    I need some basic features like a knife, can opener, maybe a screw driver as well? I want something small and light, easy to carry one.
    If these are the only features you need, you can just go to any of the SAF E-marts and buy the Victorinox one that is now standard issue for SAF soldiers. Can use credits, so effectively it's free.
    If you've not gone to NS yet, then ask around. It just costs less than $10 I think.

btw, few months ago, was at beach road. there's a shop selling only mutli-tools at 3rd level market. It is a USA product n couldn't recall the product name. anybody noticed that? it's affordable

PS. a few shops away from the main stairway.walk up & turn to your right side.

Quote Originally Posted by genegoh View Post
    If these are the only features you need, you can just go to any of the SAF E-marts and buy the Victorinox one that is now standard issue for SAF soldiers. Can use credits, so effectively it's free.
    If you've not gone to NS yet, then ask around. It just costs less than $10 I think.
    standard issue is now SOG..no more victorinox
    eat. drink. shoot

Hi all, just to update, I have got my Swiss Knife already!

Yesterday while I was passing by China Town, I remembered someone told me here that Smith Street got one shop selling Swiss Knives. So I just went down to take a look. To my surprise, that shop has a big range of Victorinox, Leatherman, Gerber and other brands of knives and multi-tools.

I bought a simple one for $19, with a main blade, a saw and a can opener.
    Get busy living, or get busy dying. - Stephen King.

Can you post the shop name & address?
    Need to get a replacement Swiss knife with a locking blade like my old Wenger Ranger / Hunter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wanglk View Post
    Hi all, just to update, I have got my Swiss Knife already!

Yesterday while I was passing by China Town, I remembered someone told me here that Smith Street got one shop selling Swiss Knives. So I just went down to take a look. To my surprise, that shop has a big range of Victorinox, Leatherman, Gerber and other brands of knives and multi-tools.

I bought a simple one for $19, with a main blade, a saw and a can opener.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Can you post the shop name & address?
    Need to get a replacement Swiss knife with a locking blade like my old Wenger Ranger / Hunter
    Thanks
    i dunno the shop name but its facing the carpark ramp. outside identified by lots of el-cheapo items like basar malam.

select a few with similiar features & test them out (test as in: see the size, layout design & locking mechanism). i generally do not like liner locks as they are not as secure as lockback blades. but, to each his/her own.

as with hard times these days, dun kenna chop "carrot head"!

Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 23rd March 2009 at 01:15 AM. Reason: spelling edit
    have u seen the "light" yet?

Cheers bro
    I will be in Geneva soon so I will consider getting one there...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i dunno the shop name but its facing the carpark ramp. outside identified by lots of el-cheapo items like basar malam.

select a few with similiar features & test them out (test as in: see the size, layout design & locking meachanism). i generally do not like liner locks as they are not as secure as lockback blades. but, to each his/her own.

as with hard times these days, dun kenna chop "carrot head"!

Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Cheers bro
    They are everywhere in Swiss! U can even get them engraved for free, try to get the engraving in Helv/Arial or Swiss fonts, I find Times Roman not that legible on a small knife. That's a very small model which I find convenient as key chain.

If U have time, visit Zermatt and Jungfrau/Interlaken. Get the rail pass at the airport.
    Last edited by foxwagon; 22nd March 2009 at 11:33 PM.

Cheers bro
    btw, do check with airport security as there may be issues with them in your carry-on luggage.

dun let them ta-pau!!

btw, do check with airport security as there may be issues with them in your carry-on luggage.

dun let them ta-pau!!
    yes remember to check them in! No hand carry.

Greetings from Geneva

Just got this limitied edition Swiss Army Knife which is actually used by their soldiers:

After almost 50 years, the Swiss Government called for an update to its standard issue Soldier knife which began its tour of duty in 1961. This marks only the fourth evolution of the storied knife over its 120-year history. A total of seven suppliers from Switzerland and around the globe were invited to participate in the evaluation process; the knives submitted underwent practical testing by military personnel while laboratory tests assessed the compliance with technical specifications. Victorinox proved to be the best solution for the Swiss Army and was awarded the exclusive contract as the official provider.
    Introducing our new Soldier knife – the actual tool used by today’s Swiss Army. This exciting new tool features a new ergonomic dual density handle, which will allow for a secure grip in extreme cold or wet weather situations. Other updates and features include a one-hand serrated locking blade, Phillips Screwdriver, can opener with small screwdriver, bottle opener with large locking screwdriver, wire stripper, reamer, key ring and wood saw. The Soldier Knife will be offered in a black and olive green combination handle and will be available in the spring of 2009.
    Swiss Army Soldier Knife:
    • 1. Large Lock Blade for one hand opening
    • 2. Phillips Screwdriver
    • 3. Can Opener
    • 4. Small Screwdriver
    • 5. Lockable screwdriver and Crate Opener
    • 6. Cap Lifter
    • 7. Wire Stripper
    • 8. Reamer, Punch
    • 9. Seatbelt Cutter
    • 10. Key Ring
    • 11. Wood Saw

dun let them ta-pau!!
    yes, they're an issue with security. i forgot to take mine out of my pocket and they wouldn't let it pass through the gates after immigration. so i had to leave it at the lost and found section and picked it up when i returned.

now i always keep my swiss knife in my check in luggage.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

hahas so amny bros got so many lobangs

but hor got anyone got lobang to get a beret 50cal ??

ok maybe thats too much and too big

a m24 or a m40a1 will also do

Quote Originally Posted by kkenji View Post

Siao.. i'll take a M4 carbine anytime. i'm currently using the 1 blade swiss knife that i bought from the emart. very sharp. In fact, i cut my left middle finger with it once. 5X sitches.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by kkenji View Post

can try Toy'R'Us, sometimes basar malam oso have. or ask some cos-players for lobang. some can squirt water, some got pre-recorded sound & a few got lights oso. cool hor?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123