Thread: Manfrotto 190CXPRO3/190CX3 difference?

Default Manfrotto 190CXPRO3/190CX3 difference?

I read this was asked before but no one gave a definitive answer. I found a review stating below, but will any kind user confirm and enlighten the Q factor and difference in real life?
    "The 190CXPRO4 and 190CXPRO3 feature all carbon fiber tubes, including a tri-faceted center column, while the simpler CX3 version features carbon fiber tubes paired with an aluminum center column and aluminum top plate."

Anyone know the price and can recommend where to get them cheap? Still deciding either 486rc2 or 488rc2 to pair with it.

Many thanks.

Default Re: Manfrotto 190CXPRO3/190CX3 difference?

Not sure about the CXPRO3 and CX3 but the CXPRO4 is different to the 3 in that it can go a couple of CM lower.

Cathay Photo was offering the combo you mentioned together for about 500+ though I checked on this some time ago late last year.

The centre column of CX3 is aluminum and cannot be made horizontal. For CXPRO3, the column is CF and can be made horizontal. If I'm not wrong, the PRO versions have magnesium casting for their metal parts. CX3 about 320, CXPRO about 400.

Here are the 2 types of tripod.
    Is better you go and do a search.

At the same time I done a review of the 190PROCX3.
    190PROCX3 Tripod Review

http://www.bogenimaging.jp/Jahia/sit...AN&market=MKT1

http://www.bogenimaging.jp/Jahia/sit...AN&market=MKT1

Rubber_Duck, Great review of 190cxpro3. What a list of camera gears you have there (from your signature). I see you also possess GT1541T. Which do you use for outdoors often?

KY1977, "the centre column of CX3 is aluminum and cannot be made horizontal". That's an important highlight. Thanks.

thaBuzzed, is CP promotion still on? Any other promotion on?

Quote Originally Posted by elmobarney View Post
    Rubber_Duck, Great review of 190cxpro3. What a list of camera gears you have there (from your signature). I see you also possess GT1541T. Which do you use for outdoors often?

KY1977, "the centre column of CX3 is aluminum and cannot be made horizontal". That's an important highlight. Thanks.

thaBuzzed, is CP promotion still on? Any other promotion on?

Thank you very much...
    I just got last friday.
    I plan to use it for my hiking trip.
    cos is light and compact to bring around.

You also can check out this website.
    there is many user review of their tripod and etc...
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Thank you very much...
    I just got last friday.
    I plan to use it for my hiking trip.
    cos is light and compact to bring around.
    woaah, i was thinking of getting the cxpro3 as a carry around tripod... now u make that sound heavy!