Thread: Tripod

Default Tripod

Sorry if i am asking a super stupid question. But do different camera fit into different kinds of tripod? I have a canon 450D.

Default Re: Tripod

Just get a tripod and head that can take the weight of your body and lens, you attach the base plate of the head onto your body. Quite universal but you need a bigger base plate if you have a battery grip.

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar View Post
    Just get a tripod and head that can take the weight of your body and lens, you attach the base plate of the head onto your body. Quite universal but you need a bigger base plate if you have a battery grip.
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by just2ofus View Post
    Sorry if i am asking a super stupid question. But do different camera fit into different kinds of tripod? I have a canon 450D.
    That would be the dream of all camera manufacturers But fortunately for us there are only a few screw mounts in the markets and there are adapters. So nothing to worry. The usually offered tripods and tripod heads all come with the same standard screw that is used on DSLR and SLR.

Most camera fits on a tripod head. Important to consider is the weight of your camera and the weight capacity of the tripod, heavy camera (w/bigger lenses) needs a much sturdier & solid legs and heads.

Thank you guys for the info!