Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I give you perfect WB ....

Default Re: I give you perfect WB ....

hi all, I was pleasantly surprised by the response. I have had over 500 clicks on the blog daily and the daily highest no. of clicks was over 2000 to date.

I am in the process of writing up another short tutorial which I think will give you the 'most' accurate WB trick by the book, whether or not it pleases to your eyes is a different matter.

Essentially, it allows you to identify the shadow, highlight and grey point accurately on your photo. Well, I will explain more in due course.
    Last edited by Tiger Canon; 17th March 2009 at 01:03 AM.

That'll be interesting

Possible to also conduct a comparison to a "custom WB" picture using a WB card? It'll be helpful to those who doesn't have a WB card to do their own tests..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Canon View Post
    hi all, I was pleasantly surprised by the response. I have had over 500 clicks on the blog daily and the daily highest no. of clicks was over 2000 to date.

I am in the process of writing up another short tutorial which I think will give you the 'most' accurate WB trick by the book, whether or not it pleases to your eyes is a different matter.

Essentially, it allows you to identify the shadow, highlight and grey point accurately on your photo. Well, I will explain more in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Canon View Post

Excellent tips you have provided brother.

I am quite new to photography and I was about to post a thread about how to control WB, but after seeing your tip, I am satisfied with the results I have got.

Initially, I was quite confused as pictures I took looks good on PC screen, vibrant and rich but not overly saturated. But when I got it printed out, either at those printing shops or using my printer with photo papers, pictures tend to be very warm, esp so for human skin looks too yellowish or reddish to my liking.

After using your method in PS, pictures do really looked good in prints, as skin tone is natural and smooth. However, it does looked a bit bland on my screen though....

Anyway, so now I know I have to do separate PP for softcopy and hardcopy usage.

Thanks again man!!!

hey man thanks for a great tip! i wonder if you could do that with multiple images in the same setting. instead of having to do that for every photo in the a series. anyways thanks again!
    Canon 5DII + BGE6|17-40L 24-105LIS 70-200LIS |50f1.8| 580exII

It was a really eye-opening tips provided by some of the brothers here and I have made some comparisons of different methods mentioned here.

- Curves method (by Tiger Canon)
    - Overlay method (by Limsgp)
    - Photo filter method (by realgar)

The photo was taken using A300 with Tamron17-50 lens, resized to 800x536. No other PP done except for the methods as mentioned.

1) Original picture

2) Curves method

3) Overlay method

4) Photo filter method

So it seems the Overlay method brings out the shadows while correcting the WB, Curves method is darker and Photo filter method is more to natural tone.

But all can correct the WB!!!
    Last edited by Photographe; 20th March 2009 at 05:18 PM.

wow...the overlay method is good looking...
    おれのflickrださ

one more trick up yr sleeve, check out the latest update.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123