Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I give you perfect WB ....

Default Re: I give you perfect WB ....

wow.. i almost got it right.. I just suck at curves. Bro your tips are good.. maybe you should also consider making a video and post it in youtube too! Thanks for sharing this valuable tips.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

can some1 send me a action of this wb please thanks i seriously suck at photoshop.... sob
    Proudly Tangshooter--Nikon D90/18-105mm/f3.5-5.6g/50mm f1.4/SB-900!
    My Flickr Profile

Thanks for sharing. Besides just clicking the greypoint, any adjustments needed on curves?
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Quote Originally Posted by kisim View Post
    thanks...
    i always thot the only way to adjust the white balance is to use raw file. Now I cannot also do it for Jpeg
    friend,

look into your preference settings in Phtoshop, u can use Adobe raw viewer for all your jpegs!!!
    :cool
    Last edited by Tiger Canon; 8th March 2009 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poondq View Post
    can some1 send me a action of this wb please thanks i seriously suck at photoshop.... sob
    you want massage too?? haha

noone is sucked at photoshop, don be lazy..... go get your hands dirty!
    careful, you'll be hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Besides just clicking the greypoint, any adjustments needed on curves?
    I am gonna say it one more time, no PS tips/tricks are set in stone... go explore yourself, and if it works out, share it here..... I did and see what you guys have learnt.!!??
    Last edited by Tiger Canon; 8th March 2009 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mabmy View Post
    wow.. i almost got it right.. I just suck at curves. Bro your tips are good.. maybe you should also consider making a video and post it in youtube too! Thanks for sharing this valuable tips.
    why don you do it for all of us here?, you have my permission bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Canon View Post
    why don you do it for all of us here?, you have my permission bro...
    Ha Ha.. bro.. i would love to have the honour of doing so but i do not have the "proper tools" to create a video of this great tip!
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

nice tuto...cheers pal!!

i tried this method on some of my jpegs

the scene looked more "balanced", which i feel is not too warm looking

but on those night shoots, i wonder if it should be slight orangey or the bluish-cool look? skin tone too cool to my liking.

i ordered a WB filter thru one of the MO, collecting soon, waiting to see if it can make the process simpler on those jpeg-shooting days

thanks for sharing

another noob @ PS..
    cant seems to follow after step 3...lol
    a video version might help us understand better..

Cool tip, thanks for sharing.
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by syc77 View Post
    another noob @ PS..
    cant seems to follow after step 3...lol
    a video version might help us understand better..
    Me too, but i'm not using PS, i'm using GIMP. Anyone here knows how to use GIMP to get this effect?

Tiger Canon thanks for sharing, really apprieciate it, but like others mention its best if there is a video tutorial.

There's another variation..

Delete the curve layer, click on the "Average" layer, invert the image, then select bending mode as "overlay".

Results are similar in some cases, different in another. Can't tell which one is more accurate.. unless someone did a test by doing custom white balance using a grey card and then comparing the results.. Not sure if anyone has done that before? care to comment which method is more accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    There's another variation..

Delete the curve layer, click on the "Average" layer, invert the image, then select bending mode as "overlay".

Results are similar in some cases, different in another. Can't tell which one is more accurate.. unless someone did a test by doing custom white balance using a grey card and then comparing the results.. Not sure if anyone has done that before? care to comment which method is more accurate?
    Cool....your method is gonna be a new addition to my other 4 methods. There is no right or wrong way. Unless you work in the printing industry where colour rendition has to be 101% spot on all the time, I wont loose any sleep over it. Any WB improvement away from the camera body for the majority of the members here is a bonus. To strive for perfection is a different matter. Besides, WB is subjective most of the time as long as it's not drastically deviated fr real life.
    Last edited by Tiger Canon; 11th March 2009 at 12:47 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

Just to add that whatever method is used in PS, there will be a difference between shooting in RAW and shooting in JPG. Shooting in RAW always yields an advantage when colour or exposure correction is required. Of course, you need to use the RAW program to do it. If you simply open the RAW in PS, and do the same steps, you may not see the difference.

Thx you so much!!

This "shortcut" has saved so much so me!!

Greatly appreciated it
    Nikon D300s, Fuji F100fd
    Tamron 17- 50 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8

hello i tried the few methods, but i found one that gives pleasing results too =)

start with the step of getting the "average" blur. (this is like the 'wow' discovery) then invert colour. use eyedropper to note the actual colour. (i copy the # value to clipboard, easier transfer of figures)

if you have CS4, then create a 'photo filter' layer, using this colour as the custom colour. i push density to 100% (or other values, up to you) and check 'preserve luminosity'. i seem to get very nice results with this. looks natural.

ok more side note: if you taking trees etc or stuff with strong colourations, then 'average' wont work. so pick a small area that should be neutral colour, average blur then invert it, then use this point as colour reference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast