Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Convert Raw CR2 issue?!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    313

    Default Convert Raw CR2 issue?!

    is there a program does batch converting of raw CR2 to jpeg?

    Tried using stepok raw importer, but the jpegs generated are really big like 8MB and it doesnt give me the option to scale it down to like 2mb or something.

    Is there a better program to use or other ways to work around this?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    358

    Default Re: Convert Raw CR2 issue?!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kelvinsg View Post
    is there a program does batch converting of raw CR2 to jpeg?

    Tried using stepok raw importer, but the jpegs generated are really big like 8MB and it doesnt give me the option to scale it down to like 2mb or something.

    Is there a better program to use or other ways to work around this?
    you can try adobe photoshop, it lets you open raw files and make any pp to the file if u wan, and after you're done you could save them as jpeg. the file size after that is dependent on your pp or image size. so if you wan a smaller file size, reduce ur image size.

    fyi, do not resize jpeg files because picture quality deteroriates every single time u open a jpeg file and resave them.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Convert Raw CR2 issue?!

    You use RAW without a clue what that means?
    Have a look at Digital Darkroom, there are discussions about RAW converters and image editors.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    313

    Default Re: Convert Raw CR2 issue?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    You use RAW without a clue what that means?
    Have a look at Digital Darkroom, there are discussions about RAW converters and image editors.
    im using d90 but i grab off my friend's raw files.

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Convert Raw CR2 issue?!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kelvinsg View Post
    im using d90 but i grab off my friend's raw files.
    Then use Adobe DNG converter and go from there. No point converting directly into jpg, you'll lose all the advantages of RAW files. DNG is a neutral RAW format, developed by Adobe. So all PS, LR and whatnot can read it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Convert Raw CR2 issue?!

    You can use FastStone Image Viewer, it is really fast and free. It support multipicture format, including various raw format from different manufacturer.

    One suite for all those whom have different type of camera.

    It also allows you to adjust the quality of the JPEG, crop, resize etc etc.

    I usually use it to convert my raw files if I'm not PP, just to convert and upload.

    Alternatively, you can also try XNview,

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •