Thread: The Slow and Fast ways to Heaven

Default The Slow and Fast ways to Heaven

Walked past this almost everyday, finally got a chance to shoot this before the guard noticed me. It was dark and tripod was out of the question. Took a few and this was the sharpest. It's the symmetry that attracts me.
    The guard might have seen me in the CCTV and gave me the look, I smiled back. Kau tim.

sorry, no frame, no dressings, no signature, just plain photo. Simple BnW conversion, plus slight tweaking at the contrast/level. Tht's abt it

hope you all like it as much as I do.

Default Re: The Slow and Fast ways to Heaven

Looks nice for a quick, sneaky shot, but where is it? Sounds like an MRT station.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Canon View Post
    Walked past this almost everyday, finally got a chance to shoot this before the guard noticed me. It was dark and tripod was out of the question. Took a few and this was the sharpest. It's the symmetry that attracts me.
    The guard might have seen me in the CCTV and gave me the look, I smiled back. Kau tim.

sorry, no frame, no dressings, no signature, just plain photo. Simple BnW conversion, plus slight tweaking at the contrast/level. Tht's abt it

hope you all like it as much as I do.
    Nice.

Reminds me of the movie Gattaca. Very retro.
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

yeah it does look very gothic, with the black and white choice of presentation and the uplights in the silver accented bowls. i like it.

did you decontrast this? it works..especially like the top zone overexposed and the bounces of light from the ceiling.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bleh/
    let the universe surprise you .)

indeed it is a MRT station, only it's in London.

answer> I didnt decontrast it, it was quite dark in there as always and I took this photo in the morning and tht's why you see the ambient light shot up at the exit of the escalator. I did wonder if I should correct the washout area, then it occurred to me that it actually gave a different taste just leaving it there. viewing photo is indeed very subjective.