Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 EX APO HSM

Quote Originally Posted by Shadus
    LOL. tht's cute.
    anyway, hv u taken our advice to go out & shoot wif your eqpt first?
    70-200f/4L shoot in zoo is more than enuff! dun see wht's the advantage of a f2.8 in this case.
    shadus~~~ tat's not the advice he wanna hear!!

he wanna noe wat lens to buy!!!!

Thread too technical to be in Consumer Service, moved to General, Reviews/Previews, Technical Discussions.

Can't help it if this is a banal post.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    As mentioned earlier post. Let forget abt Sigma 120-300mm.

Now the choice is whether I should go for 70-200f2.8 + (1.4x or 2.0x) is better OR go for 300mmf4IS. But as mentioned earlier 300mmIS I felt it is limited in general usage.
    This post is quite enjoyable to read...

I think it's a case of having some spare cash and time to ponder on what lens to sell or get more than knowing what YOU really want to shoot. Photography's like dat... either you make the best use of your tools or spend $$ (and time) unwisely.

Question is, how avid a bird/animal shooter are you? How often are u going to go to the zoo/bird park?

You've already mentioned 300mm is limited. Then drop it. What's bothering you? I hope it's not a case of wanting the best lens for everything. Or trying to convince yourself you want the best equipment using whatever spare cash you have. There isn't such lens.

Sometimes, I find changing mindset works far better than changing lens. Meaning, knowing genuinely what you really want. Not what you think others want of you or how good you want to feel owning this or that lens. Try it!

Hint: If you REALLY go out and shoot often enuff instead of pondering and talking aloud to yourself at home (no offence here, I sometimes remind myself of this also), you will REALLY know which lens you need to have. Unless you are a lens collector.

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    Very nice shot.

But too small leh. Can sent 1 shot each on diffference setup through email?

Big Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2
    This post is quite enjoyable to read...

I think it's a case of having some spare cash and time to ponder on what lens to sell or get more than knowing what YOU really want to shoot. Photography's like dat... either you make the best use of your tools or spend $$ (and time) unwisely.

Question is, how avid a bird/animal shooter are you? How often are u going to go to the zoo/bird park?

You've already mentioned 300mm is limited. Then drop it. What's bothering you? I hope it's not a case of wanting the best lens for everything. Or trying to convince yourself you want the best equipment using whatever spare cash you have. There isn't such lens.

Sometimes, I find changing mindset works far better than changing lens. Meaning, knowing genuinely what you really want. Not what you think others want of you or how good you want to feel owning this or that lens. Try it!

Hint: If you REALLY go out and shoot often enuff instead of pondering and talking aloud to yourself at home (no offence here, I sometimes remind myself of this also), you will REALLY know which lens you need to have. Unless you are a lens collector.
    Will try shoot more cos my academic course had finally ended. Points noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Tell u what. Since u dun like the weight, why not just stick to what you have (i.e. your 70-200 f4 L), shoot with it, and be happy. No need to worry about "banal" answers from other people anymore.
    Ok I try to shoot more with 70-200f4 then decide on whether should I go for the 70-200f2.8 in order to AF with 2.0x extender attached to 10D.

Very nice shot.

But too small leh. Can sent 1 shot each on diffference setup through email?

Big Thanks.
    You can click on the small pic to enlarge ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

You can click on the small pic to enlarge ...
    But still too small to compare shot between 1.4x and 2.0x extender on.

How about telling me ur experience using both 1.4x and 2.0x extender in term of quality and does AF really slow by alot?

Thanks

But still too small to compare shot between 1.4x and 2.0x extender on.

How about telling me ur experience using both 1.4x and 2.0x extender in term of quality and does AF really slow by alot?

Thanks
    I guess if you wanna discuss further , you have to open a new thread to discuss about this issue .. if not , it would become OT or Kopitiam ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Deregistered

2.6kg not my type. thanks
    Er, I think I know what is your type :

Panasonic FZ1/2/10 + TC.
    Very long, very light, very fast, and quite cheap by comparison.
    And from personal experience, it works.
    Last edited by frisky; 16th October 2003 at 06:04 PM.

I guess if you wanna discuss further , you have to open a new thread to discuss about this issue .. if not , it would become OT or Kopitiam ...
    Already OT liao from mod.

If open another thread result will be still the same without telling me the pro and con base on thier experiences i guess.

Ok I try to shoot more with 70-200f4 then decide on whether should I go for the 70-200f2.8 in order to AF with 2.0x extender attached to 10D.
    If 70-200f4 falls below your expectations, then sell it to me and go for the 70-200f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by waikhong
    If 70-200f4 falls below your expectations, then sell it to me and go for the 70-200f2.8
    yo..yo... dun jump queue hor...

Will you all still queue up, once you get to know his selling price?

Simply OT.

queue until price depreciates lor....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123