Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: travel insurance - camera

Default Re: travel insurance - camera

Quote Originally Posted by waderbreak View Post
    uh, you mean the tripod helps in deterring pickpockets??
    Maybe not pickpocket, but maybe those who wants to target the camera or what... Like how if woman carry an umbrella, she can deter a lot of potential lechers... haha.. (Thats my hypothesis about the tripod thingy... Not proven though)

Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post
    Maybe not pickpocket, but maybe those who wants to target the camera or what... Like how if woman carry an umbrella, she can deter a lot of potential lechers... haha.. (Thats my hypothesis about the tripod thingy... Not proven though)
    Think the originally posting was that, because they are more careful, they can carry a tripod. Tripod makes it really obvious you'll be carrying potentially expensive camera gear.

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Think the originally posting was that, because they are more careful, they can carry a tripod. Tripod makes it really obvious you'll be carrying potentially expensive camera gear.
    Yah I agreed... But most of the time overseas, i will be hanging my DSLR around my neck to take photos.. so that is like telling potential robbers "hey, come and rob me".. so in this situation, i feel safer with a tripod than without.. Thats my personal opinion..

Think i shall not digress anymore.. haa.. the topic is about insurance.. i just want to share my experience about my bad experiences overseas.. and also how my friend manage to claim $500 for Canon Ixus "dont know what" when he was pickpockted... We just need to report to the local police in that country... use the police report to claim... The Insurance Company just said they are willing to offer $500 to settle the case... and mind you.. the police report was in Mongolian language.. I doubt they even ask a translator to translate... It was a travel insurance bought under Citibank.. and was underwritten by Crawford & Co. Int'l Pte Ltd ...

in most cases, a police report will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by gazkw View Post
    can share who's the provider? thx!
    ExtraSure
    Stock Canon G10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12