Thread: Where should I focus on...?

Default Help: Where should I focus on...?

I tried taking a pic of a small bamboo tree and none of it is in focus or sharp.

Here's the link to the pic,

http://www.pbase.com/image/22255100

I focus on the tree and a tripod was use.

Is it because I focused on the wrong point or there are more reasons to this poor result?
    Last edited by ptm; 14th October 2003 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptm
    I tried taking a pic of a small bamboo tree and none of it is in focus or sharp.

Here's the link to the pic,

http://www.pbase.com/image/22255100

I focus on the tree and a tripod was use.

Is it because I focused on the wrong point or there are more reasons to this poor result?
    If I am not wrong, your shutter speed setting is too slow. If you look at your picture, the lines of the walls are in focus. But the bamboo that you took is not.

Think the problem is that the exposure was too long and the wind was blowing? Thats why your bamboo does not seem to be in focus. The blurness is due to motion blur.

Try taking the shot at a higher shutter speed. Choose a shutter speed of at least 1/60 and compare with your previous picture. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by coke21; 14th October 2003 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    If I am not wrong, your shutter speed setting is too slow. If you look at your picture, the lines of the walls are in focus. But the bamboo that you took is not.

Think the problem is that the exposure was too long and the wind was blowing? Thats why your bamboo does not seem to be in focus. The blurness is due to motion blur.

Try taking the shot at a higher shutter speed. Choose a shutter speed of at least 1/60 and compare with your previous picture. Hope this helps.
    I c, thanks.
    Will try again.