Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canon Photo Marathon 18 Oct 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    i'm kinda curious about their selection criteria... what were they looking for mainly? good composition, use of techniques, subject matter, etc?
    http://www.photomarathon.com.sg/memb...g/7714081F.jpg

Look at this
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes

hey alamak, the photos there are not really the chosen ones lah! even my own photo is there! its under my IC no. wah lau...blur leh..haha

no kelong lah! we blur lah!
    www.kelvinseet.com

hey that means that there are 611 entries... of which 200 went in. so roughly 1/3 chance of getting in.

hey that means that there are 611 entries... of which 200 went in. so roughly 1/3 chance of getting in.
    wah you count very fast!

means my photo cannot make it, so the those that did must be very nice!

How I wish they can display the winning entries and show the minimum standards.
    www.kelvinseet.com

i'm selected, ! but can't go,!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSeet
    wah you count very fast!

means my photo cannot make it, so the those that did must be very nice!

How I wish they can display the winning entries and show the minimum standards.
    erm, i just copy and paste the directory text and then counted how many "JPG" words there were...

Quote Originally Posted by leesteven
    i'm selected, ! but can't go,!!!
    I'm not selected, ! but I can go,!!!
    www.kelvinseet.com

erm, i just copy and paste the directory text and then counted how many "JPG" words there were...
    hee... of coz man... :P
    www.kelvinseet.com

i'm kinda curious about their selection criteria... what were they looking for mainly? good composition, use of techniques, subject matter, etc?
    IMHO - For those going on Sat, just enjoy the good fun and do not think too much about the competition. This way, you are more likely to come up with pictures that you are satisfied with.

My reason for saying so - I have taken part in many competitions in the past. Suffice to say that there are times where I've won and there are times where I did not. In many cases though, I were not happy with the outcome of the "judgement". (Of course it feels better during times where I've won )

But I personally feel that photography is about capturing images that translate how one perceives certain scenarios in life. Whilst such competitions are good chances to improve one's technical skills and exposure ("I didn't know you could do that!!" or "I've never thought about it this way..."), one would be lucky if the judges share the same priority of likes/dislikes as one-self.

I hope this does not upset anyone out there. Just thought I'd share my 2 cents worth.

In any case - Have FUN and I pray that Saturday will turn out to be a beautiful and amazing day for all!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Nutcase; 14th October 2003 at 10:44 PM.

while we all know photography is subjective, but I really wonder as well what the selection criteria is. I've looked through at random the selected photos, but none has struck me as nice yet.

Anyway, those who are in, good luck this Saturday!

I wasn't selected....

i see many dslr outputs on the uploaded folder. now I wonder if the people with digicams will stand a chance in this competition.

I think they are very particular with the PS editing. Even cropped photo is disqualified, its should be straight from the cam picture. Too bad I cropped my entry.

greenpillow
    Guests

Smile Newbie

Hi here, just joined this forum. Lucky lucky me got selected for Sat, but i would appreciate comments on my selected shot.

http://www.photomarathon.com.sg/memb.../S7820584I.jpg

huh?! really ah?
    i was in a dilemma about going for the PM competition or my other commitment...
    after i saw the pics on the web, i tot any tom,dick & harry also can get in one so i decided to forgo the PM this sat..

boo hoOo hOoo....
    *sob sob*

Quote Originally Posted by nudi
    huh?! really ah?
    i was in a dilemma about going for the PM competition or my other commitment...
    after i saw the pics on the web, i tot any tom,dick & harry also can get in one so i decided to forgo the PM this sat..

boo hoOo hOoo....
    *sob sob*

hah? u mean u gave up the seat ah?
    www.kelvinseet.com

hah? u mean u gave up the seat ah?
    yup... wat to do?!
    if i give up my other committment, my friends will not friend me anymore liao..
    so painfully emailed the organiser my withdrawal last nite..

waH.. waaAh WAH...
    *cry loud loud*

hey alamak, the photos there are not really the chosen ones lah! even my own photo is there! its under my IC no. wah lau...blur leh..haha

no kelong lah! we blur lah!

The fotos R filed in IC number wat... can see the IC numbers of those who got selected against the JPG filename... then can see which R the 1s selected already lor...

search me too. Me submitted this but not selected. My PIC

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    search me too. Me submitted this but not selected. My PIC
    wah...so nice... I also have one simple shot like yours here.

http://www.pbase.com/image/18692327
    www.kelvinseet.com

wah...so nice... I also have one simple shot like yours here.

http://www.pbase.com/image/18692327
    nice!! but cannot go in so sad!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast