Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which neckstrap to go for?

Default Which neckstrap to go for?

Hi, I'm currently thinking of getting a new neckstrap. Any idea which is good? Can share experience?

I only know of Optech and Crumpler Industry Disgrace. Are they comfortable? Currently using a D300.

Current votes (updated as of 9.58pm, 24/02/2009)
    Optech: 6
    henrysoh
    astin
    xhui
    mrmax
    lord soth
    rubber duck

Crumpler: 1
    icedheat

Matinz: 2
    boyboy
    lenscape

Upstrap: 0

Blackrapid R strap: 2
    vii_haven
    alvin
    Last edited by happyfrog; 24th February 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Default Re: Which neckstrap to go for?

may i know how much are they priced too?

Hi, Optech is a better one with small stubs grip at $32/- It comes with red and blue and has adjustable length. Check it. Crumpler is stiffer.

Which Optech are you referring to? For convenience, i'll just post the whole range up here.

Optech
    Classic Strap

EZ-Comfort Strap

Envy Strap

Fashion Strap

continued...

continued...

Reporter Strap

SOS Strap

Super Pro Strap

Utility Strap

Crumpler

Industry Disgrace

currently, i'm using the industry disgrace on my canon 40d and its really comfortable...

I am using the Optech Classic black colour, it feels very comfortable when hang on the neck as compared with the original Nikon neck strap. And the Optech Classic do not have brand name printed on it so it will not attract much attention when walking around.

I got the optech at CP, personally prefer the optech to the crumpler (which i've sold) as its more comfortable/not so stiff and less bulky compared to optech. price pretty similar at 30+-

oh e optech (Reporter strap) have the detachable buckle on each side, so if u need to wash or keep the strap separately, it can be easily removed. YMMV.

Lowepro

Speedster

Transporter

Voyager C

Voyager S

Any other brands to suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    Any other brands to suggest?
    matinz.

i like the optech better, BUT it comes with buckles. that may be a "safety issue" as much as it is a nice feature to have.

thus i decided to use the optech on my cheapest SLR. matinz for my dslr.

there's another brand called upstrap. i've seen it before but never tried.

comfort: optech, matinz, upstrap (never try, but it's rubber as compared to softer neoprene in the first two)

grip: upstrap, optech, matinz (upstrap's strong point here is supposed to be the grip, optech has small rubber gripper dots which work ok. matinz is like stock strap or slightly better only)

security (won't drop ur camera): upstrap, matinz, optech (i sometimes imagine someone playing a joke on me and unclipping my optech....)

got my optech from CP marina and my matinz from OP at sim lim.

oh yes, if u wanna wash ur strap, both optech n matinz are washable, tho the optech is easier to remove by far. i don't wash my straps though

Bro, try the R-Strap. I've been using it for 2 years now. I really like it as it doesn't get in my way while shooting. www.blackrapid.com I think CP and some other pple are selling it in the BnS

I have a Op/Tech Pro Loop Strap myself for my D300 and I am very happy with it.
    Even with a 70-200/2.8 it is pretty comfortable.

/Thomas

i got the Matin at OP.
    Perly inc have it too. >> http://perlyinc.com/store/index.php?cPath=21

Blackrapid R1. Used it last weekend with: D200, SB600 and 70-300VR. Stays on my side perfectly when not in use.

Blackrapid users,

Are you comfortable with your camera pointing downwards? Somehow, I find it quite scary, like the camera is dropping

Blackrapid users,

Are you comfortable with your camera pointing downwards? Somehow, I find it quite scary, like the camera is dropping
    Why would it be scary if it's secured to your camera? Doesn't matter which way the camera is pointing as long as it's within reach of your arm to keep it from swinging and it's secured.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Why would it be scary if it's secured to your camera? Doesn't matter which way the camera is pointing as long as it's within reach of your arm to keep it from swinging and it's secured.
    Well, it's a pyschological thing. Also, hanging it by the side also increases the chance of the camera knocking against side objects.

Well, it's a pyschological thing. Also, hanging it by the side also increases the chance of the camera knocking against side objects.
    Having it sideslinged at the hip is so much more ergonomic on the draw. I never liked slinging the camera on the neck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast