27 18.88%
  • No its a waste of $$$

39 27.27%
  • No, not in a hot n humid country like Singapore

51 35.66%
  • Others, please states

9 6.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you wear a photo vest when shooting ?

Default Re: Do you wear a photo vest when shooting ?

Too warm, too prominent, and IMHO, a bit too "old skool" looking.

I do however, wear a large waistpouch that's large enough to hold my 70-200/2.8. A good one can be found at Muji for $49. All black, simple design.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Not for me. Me prefer backpack.

I just bring a shoulder bag with me... more convenient than a backpack and you can wear more fashionable clothes..

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    try NSC.

I have a black one from a Big Walk event a few years back....

Wore it once to a Shape run event and they thought I was one of the official photographers...
    ahaha.. i know how u feel bro.. I wore mine to a couple of functions and events, and a lot of people thought i was one of the official photographers, and even gave me their name cards and contact numbers so i can email their photos to them.. When i was at that time, a freelance photographer.. and had nothing to do with the event..

So, i guess, the vest does make u more prominent and very,very obvious to what you;re carrying or doing. But i wont wear it again.. coz singapore's too hot and humid for the vest to be worn.. And one thing, with all that equipment in the various pouches and pockets.. Its really difficult to run after ur subject.. I tried it once, with a telephoto lens, camera, kit lenses and my other lens, with flash, batteries and extra batt for camera and CF cards and not forgetting my water and map..

Now u try running around with all that, and see by the end of 15mins, are you cool and look very pro? So, no.. I no longer wear a vest.. and i dun even want to wear again..
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

There's no denying that wearing a photo vest may give you the "professional" look, but to each his own yeah. I don't have one, as I honestly do not see its practical merits.

Depend on situation.If shooting on leisure is no otherwise should be wearing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12