Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: cave

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default cave

    Hi.

    Is there any natural caves left in Singapore?
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: cave

    is there any to start off with?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: cave

    Yes, but it's closed off and hidden from view, on Bukit Timah.

    The rest are man-made, or rather called tunnels, in Labrador Park, Mt. Faber, Fort Canning, Sentosa.
    Maybe Ubin, or Tekong?

    I would be interested to know if there's any natural waterfall (big/small) on Singapore land.
    Last edited by sbs99; 23rd February 2009 at 06:57 PM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  4. #4

    Default Re: cave

    According to Hey Singapore, a TV programme that was hosted by Lisa Ang in the 90s, there is a tunnel in pula ubin. There were a few bat caves at that time, but they could be close now.

    In addition, there is a man-made tunnel in the former KK hospital which is sealed off now by the British when they left Singapore.

  5. #5

    Default Re: cave

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    I would be interested to know if there's any natural waterfall (big/small) on Singapore land.
    Got, when I pee.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: cave

    There's one big cave at redhill...where all the jobless and retrenched people go to.....


    ke ke....
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  7. #7

    Default Re: cave

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    According to Hey Singapore, a TV programme that was hosted by Lisa Ang in the 90s, there is a tunnel in pula ubin. There were a few bat caves at that time, but they could be close now.

    In addition, there is a man-made tunnel in the former KK hospital which is sealed off now by the British when they left Singapore.
    Ah... i would love to re-watch dvd copies of that series. Wonder where to find...
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, Singapore
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: cave

    there's a stream at bukit timah hill that can be considered a "waterfall" with a little imagination. it does fall downhill, and there are pools of water below it. i cant remember which trail it's on, though. i think it's the blue or the green one.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

  9. #9

    Default Re: cave

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Ah... i would love to re-watch dvd copies of that series. Wonder where to find...
    At that time VCD was still being developed. And there was no DVD.

    So your best chance would be to find VCR tape from your neighbours or are in their 30 years+ or request mediacorp to make you a copy(must pay). I did not tape the series.

    Also to the best of my knowledge, SBC and later on TCS at that time did not produce any tape of the series although they ran re-runs.

    Does anyone know if they carry the Hey Singapore TV programme on TV mobile?
    Last edited by Dovedo; 23rd February 2009 at 10:36 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: cave

    Since no cave in sg, we can start digging one. And to be different we dig in a real big one. We shall call it cavern.

  11. #11

    Default Re: cave

    Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    there's a stream at bukit timah hill that can be considered a "waterfall" with a little imagination. it does fall downhill, and there are pools of water below it. i cant remember which trail it's on, though. i think it's the blue or the green one.
    there's one artificial one though, water coming out of a pipe hole into a pool which simmers off as a little stream, along the foothills of mount faber. Not sure which side, was pretty disorientated/exhausted after steep hikes/climbs alongside the hill.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: cave

    Thanks everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    There's one big cave at redhill...where all the jobless and retrenched people go to.....


    ke ke....
    ..... that sounds really depressing.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  13. #13

    Default Re: cave

    Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Since no cave in sg, we can start digging one. And to be different we dig in a real big one. We shall call it cavern.
    if it's a cavern, then we already have one massive one underground. but it's for storing ammo. lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •