Thread: How to get that MTV effect?

Default How to get that MTV effect?

Hi,

By looking at some very soft and nice mtv, i'm wondering, how do they get the colour texture?

It is by post editing? or some camera filter?
    How can it be done using video/image software? adjust what?

Quote Originally Posted by yamcake
    Hi,

By looking at some very soft and nice mtv, i'm wondering, how do they get the colour texture?

It is by post editing? or some camera filter?
    How can it be done using video/image software? adjust what?

it's usually done during post production. they first get as good rushes..or shots..as possible. n then put it thru an editing software like Avid, Final Cut Pro or Premiere n tweak the colours. If u do it on Premiere, u can use things like Colour Pass, Contrast...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gnail
    it's usually done during post production. they first get as good rushes..or shots..as possible. n then put it thru an editing software like Avid, Final Cut Pro or Premiere n tweak the colours. If u do it on Premiere, u can use things like Colour Pass, Contrast...etc.

Yeah Premiere is good stuff... But it lags like **** on my P4 2GHz...

Adobe After Effects is more suitable.

i see... i researched on the avid thing, looks real cool, the colour correction thingy is just like what i need...

apple and final cut pro 4... the best home solution.

Professionally, these colour grading are done with tele-cine machines from film to digital for post production editing. But for digital photos at home, u can just use photoshop and carefully tweak with various adjustments of HSL, colour balance etc. Most importantly is to have a properly shot picture before you do any adjustment.

Same for video. Use after effects or premiere to do colour grading. If u can find Avid software easily, LET ME KNOW LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by viix
    Professionally, these colour grading are done with tele-cine machines from film to digital for post production editing. But for digital photos at home, u can just use photoshop and carefully tweak with various adjustments of HSL, colour balance etc. Most importantly is to have a properly shot picture before you do any adjustment.

Same for video. Use after effects or premiere to do colour grading. If u can find Avid software easily, LET ME KNOW LOL..
    of course through some.. ahem ahem... source... still tying to find a version that is working fine..