Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does jogging make you feel..

Default Re: Does jogging make you feel..

Quote Originally Posted by lazyeyedpsycho View Post
    I'm doing approx. 3km runs. Basically to de-stress and to ged some good ol' exercise to avert the battle of the bulge!
    okkie 3km run of okay fitness - will make you alert after. However if you are seriously unfit then you'll be shattered!

To help you to focus on yr runs you might like to join a running club or find some running kakis to keep you going at it. There are lots of weekend runs......err if you're not working on the weekends as well. Let me know if you want to find some kakis.
    Last edited by Lady Ice; 23rd February 2009 at 05:47 AM.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

hmm, run stadium, treadmills or on the rough road?

got diff you know... i find that running on stadiums and treadmills tend to make you more tired, probably the static scenery... running outdoor is better, but if the road condition is bad, then it will be more strenuous and tiring... east coast park running is better.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I usually feel 'high' after a 5k run, but for a 10k run, I becomes rubbery. So now I stick to daily 5k run.

[QUOTE=Lady Ice;4828863]

I hate early mornings (normally not up before 10am).....i enjoy evening runs more.

Same for me, after morning walking (not jogging) i felt sleepy.
    Evening walking will released my whole day work stress...

i only like runs 4 click and above *click*, *click*, *click*, *click*...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

got diff you know... i find that running on stadiums and treadmills tend to make you more tired, probably the static scenery... running outdoor is better, but if the road condition is bad, then it will be more strenuous and tiring... east coast park running is better.
    I alternate between 3 places. Stadium if it's before work. Neighbourhood park if it's after work and the former bidadari christian cemetry (which I secretly loathe coz the Gurkhas are so darn fit!) on off days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    okkie 3km run of okay fitness - will make you alert after. However if you are seriously unfit then you'll be shattered!

To help you to focus on yr runs you might like to join a running club or find some running kakis to keep you going at it. There are lots of weekend runs......err if you're not working on the weekends as well. Let me know if you want to find some kakis.

Thanks for the offer LI but it's gonna b hard for me to commit to a running club due to work commitments. Run LEP run!

I former bidadari christian cemetry (which I secretly loathe coz the Gurkhas are so darn fit!) on off days.
    hey I'm interested in jogging there. Is it a full circular track?

tired or more alert? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of jogging before I sleep or sfter I'm awake.
    You need to get use to jogging in order to have alert mood.

I jog 2 times weekly and distance not long ( only 3km ). I feel and sleep better after jogging.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    hey I'm interested in jogging there. Is it a full circular track?
    no. its more like a open circuit
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

joging makes your body more active for about 2hrs ? i think not good if you want to slp.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

This depends on the individual.

What I hear:
    - if you just wanna burn calories, threadmill is good enough.
    - if you wanna build stamina, better to run outdoors (not rough road if possible) since you'll have to experience different running conditions.

Of course you may argue threadmill has different running modes therefore can simulate different terrains. Personally I don't believe it will work for me as I know, if I cannot tahan, I just press the red button onthe threadmill and I can slow down, drink water etc. But if in the open, I have to move on to get to the destination (ok assume no wallet with me )

This is exactly the dilemma I facing!
    i haven ran in the last 7 days, cos been too busy at work, or procrastinated too much.. well anyway, I think i am gonna try sleeping at 10 at night, wake up at 5 to run.. this way it wun compromise on my sleeping time at night.. but thats what i was hoping for...

but problem is that, when i start to clock longer distances, it will take more time.. and i will not have that luxury to run in the mornings anymore...
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12