Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $90 waiver?

Default Re: $90 waiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    yup so true...

imagine if hospital just give every single guy out there who say they tried to save something and got hurt, free waiver. i guess our hospital bills going to go another notch higher.

besides that, in singapore, i don't think you need to pay before you are admitted unlike other countries that need cash deposits or insurances.
    Yes, you need to pay before u are admitted if

1 you are not local, meaning you are not holding a Singaporean passport.

2 you are admitted to a private hospital, instead of a public hospital.

3 you hire a private ambluance to take you to hospital (meaning you need to pay the private ambluance fee) as some private ambluance operators do not charge through the hospital bill system.

Do note that according to the health minister and current prime minister of Singapore, No Singaporean is deprived of medical treatment no matter how poor he/she is.
    Last edited by Dovedo; 23rd February 2009 at 05:33 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

Just for the record, lest people get the misimpression that I'm a mod troll, my comments are given both to mods and normal members alike.

Unlike other users that you may encounter, I do not set out specifically to target moderators. I give my views based on the comment and not based on the person.

I do not believe in personal attacks, setting out to specifically target a person, or the like, and I do think such an association may be uncalled for.

In this particular instance, I believe that you were making your comments in your personal capacity, and hence, I responded to you on that basis.

At no time was I trying to challenge your authority or your status as moderator. I do note that you were not acting in any discernable official capacity in this and hence, my remarks were made accordingly.

As said before, I do not see any need to win or lose, and much less, to win or lose to a "mod". I do not derive any satisfaction from "winning a mod" as you say.

I understand that the admin's position has been (and hopefully currently still is) that mods, as normal members, are entitled to their own personal views and comments in the various threads, outside of their official capacity as moderators.

When making such comments in a non-officious capacity, I do not think that members should have to worry about offending a moderator, or be called a mod troll; just because one responds to a comment made by a moderator in a non-officious capacity.

If however, there has been a change in position on how moderators are to be treated, I would be grateful for your clarification in this regard.

I don't think that it is healthy to have one set of rules which says that mods can post in their personal capacity (when members try to hold moderators to a higher standard (such as not bickering, not using rude remarks etc)) when they post, because they are moderator); but yet then say that responding to a moderator posting in his personal and non-officious capacity is mod trolling.

You say you were willing to let it drop, but in the same post you decided to post a response? And when I say I'm willing to agree to disagree and drop the matter you then wanted to make even more responses?

Finally, why do you say "wrong thread"? In what way was I trying to be friendly in a wrong thread? I'm perplexed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u wanna know?

hmm, actually depends on situation, i consider the previous as 'healthy discussion', unless otherwise known as minor mod trolling.

but the later part when i already say end, he still wanna harp on it... then consider trolling...

well, mods are public targets, members can just get dereg, rereg, and mods get targeted again... so fun to win a mod eh? dunno what kinda gratification it derives out and from it.

but i give benefits of doubt to vince that he is just trying to be friendly to mods with his unusual warmth and often wrong threads.
    Last edited by vince123123; 23rd February 2009 at 04:38 PM.

If I open the hopsital or clinic, I will waive the $90.

IMO the lady should food the bill....since she will be charged for suicide attemp anyway....the fines should be used to compensate the gentlement who risked his life, his shirt and his underwear

vince123123
    Guests

Heheh, I hope you open a hospital/clinic someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    If I open the hopsital or clinic, I will waive the $90.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    IMO the lady should food the bill....since she will be charged for suicide attemp anyway....the fines should be used to compensate the gentlement who risked his life, his shirt and his underwear
    Fortunately somebody foot the bill. The guy had collected his money and left.

vince123123
    Guests

Oh is it? Who foot the bill in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Fortunately somebody foot the bill. The guy had collected his money and left.

This guy went to SGH and handed the monies to SGH. SGH contacted Lou and he collected the money from SGH. (Hope I didnt give the wrong info)

This guy went to SGH and handed the monies to SGH. SGH contacted Lou and he collected the money from SGH. (Hope I didnt give the wrong info)
    Hmm....reimbusment $90...taxi fare for through and flow....$60

I'm glad there are still ppl like this around.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    It was reported many more other Singaporeans were prepared to foot the bill but this guy beat them all!

vince123123
    Guests

Best of all, they beat SGH to it

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Best of all, they beat SGH to it
    U are right!

Just curious know who is that nice person?...

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Many have the meant inview of the recession but many are prepared to do so!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123