Thread: Problems with dry cabinet

Default Problems with dry cabinet

Would like to ask the people who have dry cabinets or knows how to function a dry cabinet well.

i recently bought my dry cabi and the manual says that 40% - 55% of humidity is the correct amount to store cameras.
    Before i sleep i check the dry cabi made sure that it is within the amount. But after i wake up, it either gets too high or too low. like goes up till 63% or as low as 23%. So, i have to keep adjusting the meter

so would like to ask,
    Is it okay to keep it at a low level or keep the level at a constant level.

Then again, how to keep it at a constant level ?
    Every Click Counts

Default Re: Problems with dry cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by JoelT View Post
    Would like to ask the people who have dry cabinets or knows how to function a dry cabinet well.

i recently bought my dry cabi and the manual says that 40% - 55% of humidity is the correct amount to store cameras.
    Before i sleep i check the dry cabi made sure that it is within the amount. But after i wake up, it either gets too high or too low. like goes up till 63% or as low as 23%. So, i have to keep adjusting the meter

so would like to ask,
    Is it okay to keep it at a low level or keep the level at a constant level.

Then again, how to keep it at a constant level ?
    If you just bought it, it may take 1-2 days to stabilise. Try adjusting it, if it still does not work then perhaps you should send it back to the shop.

Seemed like you have not stabilized your dry cabinet.
    Did you run your cabinet for one or 2 days before putting anything inside?
    Perhaps you should take out everything, let it run for a day or so and see if the RH stabilizes.
    D300|18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

when u mean too high or too low, does it mean that one day its too high, and the next day eventhough u never touch anything it becomes too low? if so then theres something wrong with ur dry cabi ...

try to turn the knob till somewhere around 1-2 oclock direction (assuming ur using a digi-cabi), that should give u somewhere between 40-55. Of course it defers for each individual cabi. there is a possibility then u have not found the correct point, so for example you turned the knob too high to like 65%, and juz when u were going to slp it was still progressively adjusting to 65% at like 45%, and you thought it was ok, and vice versa ...

similarly, it also depends on what you have in your cabi, your room temp and direct sunglight or not ... and no it's not advisable to have humidity at too low, may damage some parts of your cam ...

ok i got it already. it now stabalises at 45%
    thanks guys
    Every Click Counts